MAC Cream Color Base
This time I am going to review one of the well known highlighters used by celebrities, makeup artists and makeup lovers worldwide. If you check makeupalley, this product has been rated 4.2 which is pretty good. Do check my review to know whether this product is worth purchasing or can be skipped.
About MAC Cream Color Base In Improper Copper :-
Versatile and multi-purpose, Cream Colour Base can be applied directly to bare skin, or layered over foundation, moisturizer, or powder. Apply with a brush, sponge, or fingers. Colour effects range from a light veil to highly dramatic, depending on method of application. Fragrance-free. (The following shades are not recommended for use in lip area: Fawntastic and Black. The following shades are not recommended for use in the eye area: Fabulush and Improper Copper.)
- Price: Rs 1000 for 3.2 Grams
Octyldodecanol, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil, Synthetic beeswax, Butyrospermum Parkii, Silica, Jojoba esters, Carnauba Wax, Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, Paraffin, Hydrogenated polyisobutene, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Alumina, Polybutene, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Red 6,Red 7 Lake,Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Red 28 Lake, Red 30,Ultramarines,Yellow 5 A Lake, CCB Mica, Yellow 10 Lake
My Experience MAC Cream Color Base In Improper Copper :-
I have developed a liking towards highlighters especially the ones suitable for Indian skin tone and which one is shimmer free plus imparts nice healthy glow to my skin. I had no intention to buy this product, the shade â€˜Fabulushâ€™ which is a pretty burnt orange color cream base caught my eyes. I checked the swatch and it looked very pretty. The SA suggested me to use â€˜Improper Copperâ€™ on one cheek and â€˜Fabulushâ€™ on another. On my cheeks I felt Improper copper looked very pretty as a subtle gold highlighter. I skipped â€˜Fabulushâ€™ then and there and grabbed â€˜Improper copperâ€™ that very moment.Â :-p
After returning back, I checked for reviews for this product and found that almost everyone has raved about this, so that made me really very happy. I also read an article at Wise she about Makeup routine of Kareena Kapoor. I read that she completely swears by Mac cream color base improper copper and always keeps it in her vanity. I had checked her Sangeet ceremony pictures at yahoo and I really loved how beautifully she had used a gold highlighter for highlighting her best facial features. So I realized my purchase though was impulsive did not prove to be futile. Check out Kareenaâ€™s pic below guys.
Mac Cream color base comes in usual Mac Black pan like packaging with the logo Mac engraved on the see through top cover and shade name with finish mentioned at the bottom of the pan. I prefer products with a see through cover for easy identification of the shade. I prefer such black classy packaging than pink girly packaging any day. Packaging is sturdy and pretty convenient for travel.
Shade: â€˜Improper Copperâ€™ looks like a peachy gold shade in pan but on my cheeks it gives a bronzy gold tint with subtle glow. In flash photography this highlighter looks great, I love it because it suits my skin tone and it does not contain chunky shimmers which I hate in highlighters. I was searching shops and online shopping sites for good highlighter for Indian skin tone and my search ended with Mac improper copper. Its a must have for to be going bride for sure.
Texture & Finish: Texture of the cream base is peculiar, its not totally creamy but something in between cream and gel. Its not very creamy as cream blushes but Blendability is pretty good. It does not make my skin greasy upon application. It blends effortlessly on my skin too. This product comes in frost finish, the finish is not something which will look OTT, it gives pretty golden sheen which is very flattering for Indian skin tones.
Pigmentation & Staying Power: This product is pretty sheer but buildable. I really liked this feature of the cream color base because even a beginner can use it without getting wrong. One can apply more to achieve desired look. It stays on my normal to dry skin for more than 6 hours. â€˜Improper copperâ€™ is a great shade for wedding ceremonies and parties.
MAC Cream Color Base In Improper Copper Swatches:-
What I liked about Mac Cream Color Base in â€˜Improper Copperâ€™?
- Improper copperâ€™ is beautiful peachy gold shade which is a flattering shade for Indian skin tones.
- This shade is being used by several celebrities and makeup lovers worldwide. Almost everyone seems to rave about this.
- It does not have chunky shimmers.
- This product never accentuates your pores.
- It blends effortlessly on my skin.
- Its not very creamy, it has got the right texture which melts into my skin within seconds.
- It is sheer to buildable, I prefer this as its not very easy to go wrong with such stuff.
- My search for a subtle gold highlighter free of shimmers ends with Improper copper.
- It contains jojoba oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil, and bees wax.
- It has multiple usage, it can be used as a blusher, highlighter and on lips.
- Quantity is 3.2 grams, it will last me for a long time.
What I did not like about Mac Cream Color Base â€˜Improper Copperâ€™?
- It creases on my eyes within 10 minutes after application.( This shade has been suggested by Mac not to be used on eyes)
- There are very few Mac stores in India.
Rating: 4.5 out of 5
My Overall Recommendation: Mac cream color base in â€˜Improper copperâ€™ is a multi usage makeup product. One can use it as a highlighter, as a blusher and also on lips. Its texture is pretty unique, it blends onto my skin within seconds imparting a natural glow. Its sheer to buildable and thus can be used by beginners too. It one of the most flattering gold highlighter for Olive skin tones. I would Highly Recommend this product for to be going brides and make up lovers looking for a subtle wearable gold highlighter.
Have you tried MAC Cream Color Base In Improper Copper ?
You might like reading these also:-
- Empties â€“ Jan 2013
- Lead Free Lipsticks India â€“ Suggestions
- Silk Naturals Kiss Cleanser Review -Cleanser For Sensitive Skin
- Bourjois Paris Intense Extrait 02 Review,Swatches & EOTD
- Park Avenue Beer Shampoo Review India
- Blog Sale MAC, NARS, NYX & Colorbar
- Sigma Mrs. Bunny Travel Brush Kit Review
- Hand Care Tips In Winter
- Sigma Small Eyeliner Brush E10 Review
- Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner RSVP Review & Swatches
- How To Carry Off Bright Coloured Pants
- Blog Sale Sneak Peek