About two weeks back I had gone clothes shopping. But as it was the last leg of the sale season, I just couldnâ€™t find anything at all. Disappointed, I went to MAC.I was wanting to get a blush as I did not like the empty spaces in my pallet. These days, I have been getting drawn to crÃ¨me blushes and I asked the MUA about tea petal as I had really liked it in Zeeâ€™s haul post. However, I opted to get Posey as it suited me better. Read on to know what i feel about it. Please excuse the texturisation on the blush pan. I forgot to click pictures before i started using it… The dots are a result of me dipping my 188 brush into the pan.
- Price: Rs.1050 for refill /1350 for pan. (I got the refill)
What MAC says about crÃ¨me blend blushes?
A blush that manages to make a simple blush state-of-the-art. Creamy, easy to blend medium coverage formula imparts a natural finish that’s smooth, dewy-fresh, long-lasting.
My take on MAC CrÃ¨me blend Blush in Posey:-
I simply love this blush .It is just the perfect combination of peach and pink I have been looking for.I used to shy away from creme blushes as I have combination skin ,but after trying MAC creme blend I am sold!
The color: MAC describes posey as warm peach .The description of the color is quite accurate. The color is a perfect blend of pink and peach and is one which will suit all skin tones and all outfits. Very fair skin tones will need to apply with a light hand though. There is no shimmer or sparkle whatsoever but because it is a creme blush, it imparts a soft dewy look to the cheeks and instantly uplifts tired looking faces.
The pigmentation: Like all MAC blushes, it is fabulous. It is easy to go overboard because it is highly pigmented, so start with little at a time. I use my trusted 188 duo fiber brush but I feel it delivers an equally great result when applied with fingers and blended well.
Ease of application: This blush is very easy to use. It feels like butter, blends like a dream and the more u blend; the more it looks like it is a part of skin rather than makeup. This effect is something one cannot achieve with a powder blush. However, if you have open pores, make sure to use a primer and foundation because it can accentuate pores, courtesy itâ€™s a creme based product. Oily skin people, sandwich it between foundation and powder to make it last longer.
MAC CrÃ¨me blend Blush in Posey Swatches:-
- Staying power: When used with foundation it stays for about 4-5 hours on me as I have skin that tends to greasy in the day as I live in Mumbai. However, without foundation or primer it looks a bit greasy and also wears off soon. But with normal or dry skinned beauties I see this blush staying on almost all day .The reason I say this is when i swatched it at the store and blended it, the swatch stayed on for a good 8 hours.
Summing it up:
What I like about MAC CrÃ¨me blend Blush in Posey:-
- Beautiful color-a perfect combination of peach and pink
- Will work across a variety of skin tones
- Lovely texture
- Highly pigmented
- Good staying power
- Has not broken me out, as creme based products usually break me out.
What I don’tÂ like about MAC CrÃ¨me blend Blush in Posey:-
- Few MAC stores in India
My rating: 4/5
Have you tried MAC CrÃ¨me blend Blush in Posey ?
You might like reading these also:-
- Statement Jewellery Youshine â€“ My Weekend Shopping
- How To Whiten Teeth ?
- Blush Guide For Beginners With Mac Sunbasque, Mac Peaches & Mac Mocha
- Mac Paint Pot â€˜Idyllicâ€™ Review & Swatch
- Morganaâ€™s Cryptoria Witches Brewâ€™ Lip gloss Review And Swatches
- 5 Must Have Coral Blushes
- Aura Vedic Skin Lightening Polish Sandal and Turmeric Review
- Nyx Powder Blush Taupe Review & Swatches
- Recipe: Mince and Spaghetti