About MAC Cremesheen Lipglass:
A lip finish that fuses the creamy, sheen-filled nature of Cremesheen Lipstick with the shine of Mâˆ™Aâˆ™C Lipglass. Soft, comfortable, non-sticky. Applies with a doe-foot applicator. Use as a top layer to its namesake Lipstick or on its own
Mac describes Star quality as Bright orange Coral shade. Itâ€™s a part of the recently launched â€˜A fantasy of flowers collectionâ€™. MACâ€™s A Fantasy of Flowers collection is full of bright, vibrant and beautiful colors. The shade Star Quality is being repromoted and was also released in the Reel Sexy collection in Spring of 2012
Price: Rs 1500
Quantity: 2.4 ml
My Take on Mac Cremesheen Lipglass Star Quality:
Packaging: This lipglass comes in usual MAC plastic kind packaging with a doe-foot applicator. Shade name, finish type alongwith ingredient list is mentioned in the outer carton.
Shade: Star Quality is a bright coral pink shade with orangish undertones. Its a gorgeous warm shade with no shimmer. Color payoff is good but it looks more pink on my lips and less orange than it does in the tube.( I have pigmented lips).
Pigmentation & Coverage: This shade is nicely pigmented and is quite buildable.It has semi-opaque color coverage, I have pigmented lips but the shade showed up nicely on me. It does not get streaky and applies evenly on my lips, so application is quite smooth.
Texture & Finish: Formula wise its an absolute winner for me. Its has lovely creamy texture like that of a cremesheen lipstick and glossiness of a lipglass. Texture wise its very lightweight and extremely comfortable to wear. It feels very light on my lips. This formula is very hydrating for my lips, it keeps my lips healthy looking and moist for a long time.It relieved my chapped lips to a great extent too.
Staying Power: I usually get three to four hours on average of staying power with star quality cremesheen lipglass. You can get longer wear time when you layer this over Prep + Prime Lip and a liner and lipstick. I am quite satisfied with its performance and overall feel.
What I liked about Mac Lipglass Star Quality:
- -Shade Star quality is gorgeous bright yet wearable coral pink lipglass with orangish undertones.
- -Cremesheen lipglasses have the best formula I have ever come across with.
- -Keeps my lips hydrated and supple for a long time.
- -Its pigmented and imparts semi opaque coverage.
- -Great shade for the spring.
- -It has pigmentation of a cremesheen lipstick and glossiness of a lipglass.
- -Very lightweight, not a bit sticky.
- -Stays for nearly 3 hours on me.
What I did not like about Mac Lipglass Star Quality:
- -Its quantity is very less for the price we are paying for it.
- -Itâ€™s a limited edition shade.
- -Available at an exorbitant price of Rs 1500, hence not pocket friendly.
- Packaging: 4.5 out of 5
- Shade: 5 out of 5
- Pigmentation & Coverage: 4 out of 5
- Texture & Finish: 4.5 out of 5
- Staying Power: 3.75 out of 5
- Price vs Quality: 3.75 out of 5
Overall Rating: 4.25 out of 5
Will I repurchase it? I will repurchase cremesheen lipglass, but in different shades.
My Overall Recommendation:
I would highly recommend everyone to try Star quality and Star galaxy from MACâ€™s A Fantasy of Flowers collection. Cremesheen lipglass feels very hydrating, lightweight, non sticky and is equally pigmented with an average of 3 hours of staying power. The major downside is its quantity which is very very less and its available at 1500 bucks in India. Abroad its available at 20 dollars 🙁 However, if it pinches your pocket give it a pass. Formulawise its an absolute winner for me.
Have you tried Mac Lipglass Star Quality?
You might like reading these also:-