Even though I was not into makeup at that time but even I was not unaware of the smokey eyes created by Mickey Contractor. He made Raniâ€™s eyes oh so amazing. When I researched his smokey eyesâ€™ looks, I came to know how much he adores MAC Folie eyeshadow for them.
When I first went to MAC, I was unaware of the shades and details. The SA was very friendly and he showed me how to do the soft smokey eyes by using Folie. I loved my eyes so much after the makeover that I got Folie as my first MAC eyeshadow. Please donâ€™t laugh at the mention of first, as I have only 2 MAC eyeshadows :P. Folie is such a versatile shade that it is a must have for me for eye makeup now.
My experience with MAC Folie Eyeshadow
- Shade:This is a Brown shade with Reddish undertones which makes it apt for Indian skintones. On my medium skin tone, it is the perfect Crease eyeshadow shade. If you are fair, you may need to try this at the store before buying.
- Price:I had bought it for Rs 680/- (refill) ,Rs 900 (pan) but now I hear that the price is increased.
- I like it using on my crease, for smudging my kohl, soft Brown smokey eyes and day time smokey eyes. Since this shade complements my complexion, it has got a special place in my kitty.
- Staying Power:I use eyeshadow Primer and this lasts all day on my lids. I always prefer good quality makeup which lasts long as being a working gal, I canâ€™t take too much time for retouching the makeup. And I am a lazy bum so you can sue me for that too :P.
- Texture: This is NOT uber smooth like some other MAC eyeshadows but this is not difficult to work with either. This is not chalky, and has nil fallout.
- Pigmentation: Pigmentation is great, nothing to worry about in this department (BTW Department was a crappy movie !)
MAC Folie Eyeshadow Swatches:-
Folie is going to be your best friend for long. Do try this at the store and if this suits you, there would be no looking back.
What I like about MAC Folie:-
- Great staying power
- Pigmentation is good
- Will suit medium complexion girls a lot
- Great for soft smokey eyes
- The shade suits me very well
What I donâ€™t like about MAC Folie:-
- The texture is not super smooth, but is workable
- May not suit very fair or fair beauties
I am quite glad that I purchased this and this has been my gotoeyeshadow for Crease and soft smokey eyes. I am definitely going to repurchase it again and again.
Will I recommend? If this suits your complexion, then this is definitely worth it!
Will I repurchase?Yes, till the time when I would have the moolah to buy Chanel-Wanel, I will keep on buying this.
Remember Raniâ€™s smokey eyes? If you want to recreate the magic, Folie is there for you J. Still I would recommend trying it at the store as this is not cheap and I will not be happy if any of us spent money on something which is not worth it. You are the best judge, I just provided you will all the facts.
Have you tried MAC Folie?
You may also enjoy reading:
- MAC Amber Lights Eyeshadow: Review, Swatches
- MAC Eyeshadow Sketch Review & Swatches
- MAC Eyeshadow in Moleskin: Review & Swatches
- 11 MAC Eyeshadows For Brown Eyes
- 5 Ways To Use MAC Espresso Eyeshadow & MAC Espresso Swatches
- MAC Mythical Eyeshadow Review, Swatch & EOTD (Tutotrial)
- MAC Sumptuous Olive Eyeshadow Dupe â€“ Inglot Pearl 433 Eyeshadow
- MAC Cranberry Eyeshadow