I’ve reviewed a ton of neutral eyeshadows and I don’t think my obsession with them is in anyway diminishing…I’ve mentioned MAC Arena quite a few times in my reviews and today I thought of reviewing this illustrious shade which changed my outlook towards eye makeup..
Also ReadÂ Top 5 Must Have Green Eyeshadows
Remember me mentioning that my lids areÂ a bit pigmented? So I usually need a shade to neutralize it. I tried using Moleskin for this but it looked too pink. I tried Stila Eden but that on the other hand looks a bit peachy…nothing seemed to make my lid the same color as the rest of my skin..So one fine day I was watching a YouTube video by the BeautyGuru Megha who is an Indian MUA abroad (Yippie!!) and she happened to mention she had a similar issue and used MAC arena. She used this same eyeshadow in multiple videos and after watching all of them, I knew this was exactly what I wanted. And all thanks to her, I have the perfect shade for me 🙂
My take on MAC Eyeshadow in Arena:
- Color: Arena is a soft, beige-brown in a satin finish..It has a glossy almost champagne look on my lids..even in the swatches it looks more like a beigey champagne shade, don’t you think?
- Pigmentation & Texture: The pigmentation is very impressive..It’s satin but not shimmery..so while it adds a nice healthy shine to the lids, it doesn’t looks blingey and is perfect for work-wear. Texture is soft and not at all gritty.
- Price: 720INR
- Staying Power: This stays on my lids for about 5-6hrs easily. The shine starts to fade after about 4hrs or so though..
I swear girls, if I could pick any one eyeshadow for a lid wash shade, this would be it…It works so well…even as a highlighter this excels..It’s not shimmery at all and is perfect to work. I’ve worn it ‘N’ number of times and it adds that bit of pizzazz to the look without looking glitzy. It doesn’t make my lids look dry like when I use a matte shade so Whoppiieee!!!! this is probably the one shadow I would keep repurchasing for ever!! Or atleast till they discontinue it 😉
Swatch of MAC Eyeshadow in Arena:-
And this is what it looks like on my lids..I have used arena on the inner half of my lid and the outer half and the crease shade used is L’oreal Infallible eyeshadow in Endless Chocolate..
What I like about MAC Eyeshadow in Arena:
- The best eyeshadow ever!!
- Can be used as an eyeshadow as well as a highlighter
- Good pigmentation
- Has a satin finish so doesn’t make the lids look dry
- Staying power is perfect
- Glossy without looking shimmery
- Helps neutralize the pigmentation on my lids
What I don’t like about MAC Eyeshadow in Arena:
- I adore this and can’t find even 1 flaw!
What do you think of MAC Arena? Have you tried it out?
You may also enjoy reading:
- MAC #187 Duo Fiber Stippling Brush Review
- Must Have MAC lipsticks To Be Worn To Office
- MAC Off Shoot Lipstick :Review,Swatches & FOTD
- MAC Juxt Eyeshadow:Review,Swatch,FOTD
- 20 MAC Powder Blush Swatches
- MAC Cubic Blush, MAC Gingerly Blush, MAC Pinch Me, MAC Peach Twist Swatches
- MAC Swoon Pink Blush, MAC Fleur Powder, MAC Pinch Oâ€™Peach Swatches
- MAC Deep Truth Eyeshadow :Review, Swatches & EOTD
- MAC Well Dressed, MAC Breezy, MAC Dolly Mix, MAC Coy Girl Swatches
- MAC Flirt & Tease, MAC Breath Of Plum, MAC Plum Foolery & More Swatches
- MAC Semi Precious Feeling Flush Mineralize Blush Review
- MAC Semi Precious Unsurpassable Eyeshadow:Swatches,Review
- MAC Studio Fix Or MAC Mineralize Skin Or Mac Prolong Wear
- MAC Overrich Lipstick
- MAC Slimshine in Missy
- MAC Craving Lipstick
- MAC Funtabulous Dazzleglass
- MAC Viva Glam Cyndi