I love neutral shadows..I admit it…Its my adiction and something that I just can’t get enough of. Neutrals are sooo easy to work with and I love wearing them to work. This MAC eyeshadow in Texture was recommended to me by the MUA at the store because I wanted a neutral brown which would be worn both on the lid and in the crease. Â And true to her word this eyeshadow really has proved to be a versatile shade in my kitty 🙂
My take on MAC Eyeshadow in Texture:
- Color: Texture is a velvet finish eyeshadow which can be described as a warm, medium brown color. It’s not as dark as Brown Script or as light as Moleskin. But it’s the perfect burnt caramel shade for me. Also on my skin, it has an orangey undertone which I haven’t come across in any other shade. Have any of you had a similar experience with this shade?
- Price:Â INR 720 for the refill
- Pigmentation & Texture:Â The pigmentation is crazy as most velvet finishes from MAC are and is very soft. It does have a tiny bit of shimmer but nothing to worry about.
- Staying Power:Â This stays on my lids for the entire day, but the intensity starts decreasing within 4hrs or so.
There are always a certain set of shades I usually reach for while doing my eyes and Texture and Espresso top the list! T exture is just such a versatile shade and can be used in SOOO many ways. Here are some ways in which I use this:
- I just use this as an all-over lid shade including the crease. Just make sureÂ The shimmer in it brighten up my sleepy eyes and lends a nice soft look to my face.
- I use MAC Arena over the inner half of my lid and then use Texture in the outer half and then in the crease as well. This is my Monday morning ‘Look-Awake’ eye look 🙂
- I use Texture over my lid and Espresso in the crease. This is a mindless look to achieve and quick to do. No thinking involved and yet you end up with an easy look to carry off.
- I sometimes use a slanted brush and use it as a liner. Its a unique shade to use as a liner.
- I use this in the crease while applying Pink Venus over the lid. Again, another quick, no-brainer look 🙂
Swatch of MAC Eyeshadow in Texture:
What I like about MAC Eyeshadow in Texture:
- The texture being velvet is soft and non shimmery.
- Perfect to wear to work
- Can be worn in SOOO many ways
- Easy to use and I’d definitely recco it to beginner.
- Hardly any fallout
- Can be used lightly or layyered for a darker look
- I personally love the orangey undertone that shows up on my skin.
I love this shade and I can’t find any downside to it. I use it the most to work and this has become my go-to shade for sure.
Have yo tried MAC Texture? What’s your opinion on it?
You may also enjoy reading:
- MAC Amber Lights Eyeshadow: Review, Swatches
- MAC Eyeshadow Sketch Review & Swatches
- MAC Eyeshadow in Moleskin: Review & Swatches
- 11 MAC Eyeshadows For Brown Eyes
- 5 Ways To Use MAC Espresso Eyeshadow & MAC Espresso Swatches
- MAC Mythical Eyeshadow Review, Swatch & EOTD (Tutotrial)
- MAC Sumptuous Olive Eyeshadow Dupe â€“ Inglot Pearl 433 Eyeshadow
- MAC Cranberry Eyeshadow