With the mercury in Mumbai touching 38-39 degrees ..(hottest I have ever seen in Mumbai) I just dont feel like wearing any dark heavy colours or makeup. I like a light wash of colour on eyes, a nice peachy blush and the perfect coral pink lipstick..Last time when I reviewed Crosswires,it received a lot of appreciation, So , ladies, I now introduce you to the pinkier cousin of crooswires… MAC Fanfare. So now without much â€œfanfareâ€, lets see what I like about this shade.
The colour is a salmon pink colour with coral undertones.MAC describes it as aâ€mid -tone yellow pinkâ€.This is the colour for those girls who cant carry off Cosmo or Mehr .Because of the ywlloish undertones,Fanfare works beautifully on Asian and Indian skin.I was a little apprehensive when I picked this up but the SA was insistent that I atleast try..and once I tried it,I was sold!The colour reminds me of MAC Posey blush.
The texture: Fanfare is a cremesheen lipstick,which means its creamy but not as creamy as the amplified creme lipsticks and imparts a sheen to the lips when applied.This lipstick glides on smoothly ,but on frequent reapplication does settle into the lip lines. If you have dry lips, it is advisable to use a lip balm underneath ,then after a few mins wipe it off and then apply this lipstick.
MAC Fanfare Lipstick Swatches:-
- The pigmentation: The pigmentation,like most MAC cremesheen lipsticks is very very good,but not fabulous like the amplified cremes. Pigmented lips will definitely need two swipes but I am good with a single swipe.
- The staying power: Fanfare stays on for about 4 hours before fading and eventually disappears completely.I am pretty sure with primer it will stay on longer,
MAC Fanfare works beautifully on fair to medium complexions .I am not too sure how it will work for complexions over NC44, though I have a feeling it may wash darker skins out.Becaue of the yellow tone in the lipstick,girls who cant carry off Cosmo or Mehr can give this a try.It looks best when paired with a peachy pink blush like MAC Posey,Fleur power or Sleeks Rose gold. In the FOTD i am wearing it with a light dustion of sleek rose gold blush on my cheeks.
What I like about MAC Fanfare Lipstick:-
- A perfect summer colour
- Brightens up the face without looking OTT
- Great pigmentation
- Good staying power
- A good option for girls who cant carry offÂ Cosmo or Mehr
What I dont like about MAC Fanfare Lipstick:-
- Settles into liplines on frequent re application
- Availability is a problem as few mac stores in India
My rating: 4/5
Â MAC Lipstick In Syrup:-
Â Have you tried MAC Fanfare Lipstick ?
You might like reading these also:-
- Shopping For My Baby From Snapdeal.com
- How To Store Neck Pieces â€“ Ideas
- Lush Let The Good Times Role Review
- Colorbar Smudger Brush Smokinâ€™ Eyes Review
- Designer Shehla Khan celebrates One year of her fashion label
- How To Dress Warm In The Snow
- Lâ€™oreal Super Liner Black Vinyl Review
- Best Burt Beeâ€™s Products Suggestions
- Clarins Instant Smooth Foundation 04 Golden Beige Review
- MAC TechnaKohl Purple Dash Review & Swatches
- Aura Vedic Restructuring Hair Oil Review