Itâ€™s all about vampy lip shades around this time of year and one of the best selling shades of all time is â€œCHANEL ROUGE COCOâ€ Rouge Noir lipstick. But , as the colour is too dark and vampy I settled for a dupe which is half the price but at the same time is very close to that and the shade I am raving about is MAC FILM NOIRÂ and one more affordable dupe which I tried is REVLON Black Cherry which I shared few days back.
Size â€“ 3 gms,
Price â€“ 990/- , Available at MAC stores across India
My take on MAC Film Noir Lipstick:-
Shade â€“ MAC FILM NOIR Lipstick is described as Intense Brown and true to its description it is deep dark warm toned reddish brown shade which is gorgeously pigmented but does need a layer or two to get even finish plus well exfoliated lips for flawless application. It looks almost black on my lips from my husbandâ€™s point of view but I feel it is dark brown than BLACK.
Although I have not planned but I do want to show you full FOTD with this. If I gather some courage you may see it in coming days.
Texture â€“ As it comes from SATIN finish range, it is very opaque in single layer and manages to stay for 4 â€“ 5 hrs. I do find that Â good exfoliation is required to get even finish on lips; it is not at all forgiving on chapped lips.
Packaging â€“ The standard MAC black bullet and the same vanilla fragrance which keeps us addicted to buy these.
Â MAC Film Noir Lipstick Swatches:-
Recommendation â€“ I would never re-purchase this shade as it is not likely to finish at any point of time. So far it is here and I am enjoying it and will keep on recommending it if you are a little experimental like me .
What I like about MAC Film Noir Lipstick:
- The shade is Gorgeous and daring but so apt for fall plus it is universally flattering but does need a lot of courage.
- I love Satin finish, very soft and easy to layer plus it is well pigmented.
- The classic vanilla scent of MAC lipsticks which keeps me hooked to these.
- The ease of wearing this as a stain and full power packed lips or stain with gloss, it is gorgeous in all the avatars.
What I donâ€™t like about MAC Film Noir Lipstick:
- As the colour is very dark it can appear little patchy at times and I highly recommend good exfoliation plus a lip liner to prevent it from bleeding.
Ratings â€“ 4/5
The colour is very daring and is hard to carry, if you are looking for a vampy shade then this is right up your alley. Instead of spending 2 K on CHANEL, I would pick this and use it and be happy. Anything â€œNOIRâ€ and my eyes roll big…. love the shades inspired by night and always keep on looking for that. I was looking for a cheaper dupe of CHANEL like I said above and then settled for this one , they are not exactly the same nor are close enough but still this is enough vampy to sport this season without fail .
Have youtried MAC Film Noir Lipstick?
You might also like reading these:-
- How To Get Rid Of Facial Hair
- Benefit Full Finish Lipstick I Tink I Love You Review & Swatches
- Lakme Absolute White Intense Skin Cover SPF 25 Review
- e.l.f. Studio Makeup Lock and Seal Review
- Wise She Meet The Blogger Series â€“ Dolon
- INGLOT Freedom Style cream CONCEALER MW 101- Review and Swatches
- Faces Go Chic Lipstick in Twig Review & Swatches
- Inglot 22 T Concealer Brush Review