Gel and cream linersÂ have been quite the rage for some time now. All throughout my college years I had used liquid liners and pencil ones kinda rarely. So when gel liners came onto the scene I was quite fascinated with how they were to be applied. So earlier in the year on one of my rare trips to MAC, I picked this up. I’d heard alot about MAC fluidlines but didn’t want a black or brown since I wanted to try a different shade. The minuteÂ I saw this IÂ knewÂ this was the one for me. :))
Ultra-smooth, Fluidlineâ€™s gel formula provides the precision of a liquid liner with a silkier, softer finish. Goes on â€œfoolproofâ€ with a brush in an easy dip-and-stroke action. Long-wearing. Smudge-proof.
- Price:$15 or 950 INR
My take on MAC Fluidline gel liner in Waveline:
- Packaging:This comes in a thick, hard bottomed glass dibbi with a dome shaped screw top lid. The brand is emblazoned on the surface of the pot and the base has the shade name as well as the quantity and make details. This doesn’t come with a brush which is a tad bit disappointing since I feel for the price we shell out for them, the least they could do is provide a tiny brush atleast. I know I may sound a bit kanjoos here, but what’s a gal to do?? 😉
- Color:Â This shade can best be described as a dark inky blue shade. It looks highly glossy on application but after it settles in and dries, it looks completely matte.
- Pigmentation & Texture:Â This liner is not the best in terms of pigmentation. At the store when I swatched the other fluidlines, I felt like they were better since a single swipe did the trick. Waveline is densely pigmented surely but not as well as the others. I always need 2 dips in the pot to get the required denseness I like. In terms of texture its extremely soft and smooth.
- Staying Power:Â This liner stays put for ages. I’ve worn this thru the day and it doesn’t smudge, crease or fade at all.
A lot of people have mentioned that gel liners tend to dry up soon but Its been almost a year since I’ve had this and it hasn’t dried by a longshot. And even when it does, I have the ever handy duraline to help me out 🙂
Why I love MAC Fluidline gel liner in Waveline:
- Soft texture and glides easily on the lids.
- Staying power is commendable.
- Great for daily use.
- Perfect for Brown eyes.
- Packaging is sleek and perfect for travel.
- Color payoff is awesome.
- I wonder wether this will ever get over!
- These truly are smudge proof 🙂 Tried and tested in the rain 🙂
Why I don’t like MAC Fluidline gel liner in Waveline
- Pretty pricey for 3gms of product.
- Pigmentation is not as good as the other fluidlines I’ve swatched. But honestly, I don’t think this point would have come up had I not swatched the others.
- Pigmentation:Â 4.5/5
- Staying Power:Â 5/5
- Packaging:Â 5/5
- Availability:Â 4/5
- Price vs. Quality:Â 4.5/5
And finally guys, I just wanted to show you a sample of the fake MAC Fluidline doing the rounds in the markets…Pls take a look, understand the differences and avoid getting cheated like I was….
Hope this helps…:)
You might like reading these also:-
- Layla Smalto Per Unghie Nail Polish Vernis 205 Nail Polish NOTD
- Lâ€™oreal HiP Cream Eyeliner in Teal Review & Swatches
- 7 Pink & Rose Drugstore Blush Swatches
- Bridal Eye Makeup Step By Step With Mac Mayhem Minearlize Eyeshadow
- Sally Hansen Salon Formula Nail Polish Remover For Sensitive & Artificial Nails Review