MAC Lipglass In Saplicious
We’ve all used lip balms in tubes right? I don’t think anyone has escaped using them…it may have been Vaseline lip balm, or Himalaya or Nivea glosses or even the ELF Super Shines glosses which come house in those tiny squishy tubes. They somehow refuse to stay out of my life…so I was pleasantly surprised at the Lip Gelees at MAC which look exactly like that. As usual, I couldn’t help myself and got this without a backward glance!
About MAC Lipgelee in Saplicious:-
A soft jelly-textured glosser for the lips. Fab to apply. Squeezes on. Distributes evenly and easily via its special slanted tip. Moisturizes and conditions the lipsÂ—saps them up! Makes them look, wet, shiny, super-lush! Comes in a wide range of sheer, soft tints.
- Packaging: This comes is a clear tube with a screw top lid. Its quite sturdy and not the cheap kind of plastic which will burst in the pocket; that has happened to me and it was disgustingly messy…
- Color: This shade is a glossy, honey caramel shade.Â It looks gorgeous with the tiny golden shimmers which are so minute and yet add an amazing glow.
- Price: $14
- Coverage & Pigmentation: This is more like a lip tint so it’s quite sheer and doesn’t really provide much coverage at all. The Caramel shade is quite strong though adds the right amount of a bronzy look to my lips without looking tacky.
- Texture: These are sticky but not too much so…For comparisons sake I’d put this somewhere in between the super sticky lip glasses and the almost non-sticky dazzle glasses. Thank god for that! I detest sticky glosses and the only one I’ve been able to stand til now us Nymphette and that too because the shade is so overwhelming that I don’t are about the texture 🙂
- Staying Power: This stays for about 2-3 hrs on my lips which isn’t much at all. And if I happen to eat or drink in the middle then I have to re-apply much sooner. Infact, I felt like even the ELF super Shine glosses stay longer than this.
I love this shade and how smooth and non-streaky it is, but I do feel like this is best suited to college goers who are out to buy their first MAC and are more used to such glosses. It’s not the packaging which makes me feels so but more about the staying power…or lack of it! In college I never minded lipsticks and glosses fading fast because anyways practically every break time was spent in the washroom reapplying it whether it had actually faded or not.. 😉 Have any of you done this?? But now when a break comes in only after a solid 3hrs of work, I prefer lipsticks that would atleast stay for that much time.
I am totally in favor of the shade. Its a high gloss kinda shade which would look pretty on any skin tone. The shimmers are so minute that they can’t be felt. And plus, it lends a sort of illuminating glow to the face as well.
What I like about MAC Lipgelee in Saplicious:-
- Provides a sheer wash of color on the lips.
- Handy packaging
- Provides minimal moisturization
- Shimmer is minute and adds a glowy look to the face
- Doesn’t dry out my lips
- Not too sticky which is the biggest plus point for me.
What I don’t like about MAC Lipgelee in Saplicious:-
- I’ve heard that this shade has been discontinued but I’m not sure.
- Staying power is quite disappointing
- On the pricey side
Â Have you tried MAC Lipglass In Saplicious ?
- Pigmentation: 5/5
- Packaging: 5/5
- Staying Power: 4.5/5
- Availability: 3.5/5
- Price vs. Value: 5/5
You may also like reading:
- MAC #187 Duo Fiber Stippling Brush Review
- Must Have MAC lipsticks To Be Worn To Office
- MAC Off Shoot Lipstick :Review,Swatches & FOTD
- MAC Juxt Eyeshadow:Review,Swatch,FOTD
- 20 MAC Powder Blush Swatches
- MAC Flirt & Tease, MAC Breath Of Plum, MAC Plum Foolery & More Swatches
- MAC Semi Precious Feeling Flush Mineralize Blush Review
- MAC Semi Precious Unsurpassable Eyeshadow:Swatches,Review
- MAC Studio Fix Or MAC Mineralize Skin Or Mac Prolong Wear
- MAC Overrich Lipstick
- MAC Slimshine in Missy
- MAC Craving Lipstick
- MAC Funtabulous Dazzleglass
- MAC Viva Glam Cyndi
- MAC Capricious Lipstick