There aren’t many of us who would say ‘NO’ to a MAC product are there? I myself would kick myself if the thought even crossed my mind! But Guys…There are time when one is extremely spontaneous and lives to regret it…And that’s what happened to me with this MAC lipglass….And hence starts the saga of ‘The Ghastly Ghostly Gal’. Horrible alliteration I know..but not as horrible as how this looks on me…So let’s have a look shall we?
About MAC Lipglass in Poetic License:-
- Color:Â Poetic License is a milky peach-pink with subtle pink and gold micro-shimmer. It is semi-sheer and kind of like a milky pink version of MAC Nymphette…sans the class and chicness that Nymphette lends to the look.
- Price: I don’t remember the individual price since this came in a set of 4 as part of a collection last year whereinÂ me and 3 other pals pooled in and got it and picked one of our choice. Why? Oh Why did I pick this?!?!?!?
- Coverage & Pigmentation: As described above, the gloss is semi sheer and provides a sheer to medium coverage. Pigmentation is quite good since it actually does give off color..unfortunately not the color for me.
- Texture: One word…STICKY…or lets make it 2 words.. SUPER STICKY…Or maybe 3…SUPER DUPER STICKY!!! No points for guessing whether I like this or not. Its thick texture is quite heavy although I have to give it points on the fact that it ain’t streaky or goopy like most thick glosses. For those of you who like the thicker formulas, this would be a good buy.
- Fragrance: It has the trademark Vanilla fragrance which accompanies every MAC lipstick.
- Staying Power: This stays for about 3-4 hrs on my lips without food and drink. Its all thanks to the sticky formula I guess…Once one, it doesn’t budge and stays through drinks as well.
I am not a huge fan of sticky glosses. But a the same time, I wouldn’t mind it too much if the color showed up well on me (Yea, I’m fickle like that ) but this looks ghastly I feel like I look like a ghost when I use this. Its so milky that I’m not sure which lipstick I could layer this with either…It also tends to settle into my lip lines after a while and that just accentuates my pale skin in winters. A total no-no for me.
What I like about MAC Lipglass in Poetic License:-
- The staying power is really good.
- A good neutral pink shade if it suits you.
- Packaging is quite cool.
- Even though it’s a thick gloss, it never gets streaky or goopy.
- I don’t need to apply a balm underneath this. It may not be moisturizing, but it ain’t drying either.
- Has a pleasant Vanilla fragrance.
What I don’t like about MAC Lipglass in Poetic License:-
- It settles into my lip lines and makes them look pruney
- I’m not fond of the heavy feel to it.
- It doesn’t suit me 🙁
- It was an LE and I don’t think its part of the permanent collection. But MAC does relaunch the same shades in different collection so for those of you who dig such shades, it may come out again 🙂
- Pigmentation: 4/5
- Packaging: 5/5
- Texture: 3.5/5
- Staying Power: 4.5/5
- Availability: 2/5
- Price vs. Value: 3.5/5
You may also enjoy reading:
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Give Me Sun MAC Bronze Everyday Collection
- Makeup Look With MAC Unflappable Eyeshadow
- MAC Stylishly Yours Something New Review & Swatches
- MAC Stylishly Yours Collection (Part1)
- MAC Unflappable Mega Metal Eyeshadow Review
- Look Book- Illamasqua Hussy Blush Review
- MAC Makeup Hello Kitty Eyeliner Liquid Expert Review