This was one of my Rakhi gifts from my bro and I can’t love him enough. Of the looooong list of MAC I sent him, he always manages to get the best for me unknowingly :). MAC Capricious is one of my daily wear lipsticks…Why is that so? Read on..
About MAC Lipstick in Capricious:-
- Color: Capricious is a sheer rosey-plum shade with tiny gold shimmers which are not really visible but lend a glow to the lips. The Lustre finish also ensures a nice glossy look without the help of a balm.
- Price: INR980
- Coverage & Pigmentation: This is described as a light to medium coverage lipstick but on me, this goes on sheer. Its like a pinky-plum wash of color on my lips which looks very casual and still suits the work place.
- Texture: MAC Lustre finishes are light and dont feel heavy on application. This doesn’t settle into my fine lines either which is a great relief.
- Fragrance: It has the trademark Vanilla fragrance which accompanies every MAC lipstick.
- Staying Power: This is quite sheer on my lips and stays for about 2hrs on my lips and then starts fading. But recently I’ve started using MAC Lip prep n prime below this and now it stays on for 4hrs minimum. Thanks Tans for introducing me to it! 🙂
What I love most about this particular shade is that I can use it anywhere. It doesn’t have to be just at work, or just for parties. It’s the kind of color I can wear anytime and anyday when the mood strikes me. The fact that its so sheer also contributes to its looking so natural on me which is another plus point. This being said, I don’t think this would show up well on heavily pigmented lips since the color would just blend in.
What I like aboutÂ MAC Lipstick in Capricious:-
- A shade which is perfect for work and casual outings as well.
- Will suit lighter skin tones.
- Staying power on its own may not be too good, but along when layered on a primer stays for a decent time.
- A very light formula which doesn’t weight my lips down.
- Can be built up to an extent.
- Doesn’t settle into my lip lines.
- No need to use a balm underneath.
- Doesn’t dry out my lips.
What I don’t like aboutÂ MAC Lipstick in Capricious:-
- Won’t cover heavier pigmentation.
- Pigmentation: 3.5/5
- Packaging: 5/5
- Staying Power: 3.5/5
- Availability: 4.5/5
- Price vs. Value: 3.5/5
Â Ratings:Â –
- MAC #187 Duo Fiber Stippling Brush Review
- Must Have MAC lipsticks To Be Worn To Office
- MAC Off Shoot Lipstick :Review,Swatches & FOTD
- MAC Juxt Eyeshadow:Review,Swatch,FOTD
- 20 MAC Powder Blush Swatches
- MAC Flirt & Tease, MAC Breath Of Plum, MAC Plum Foolery & More Swatches
- MAC Semi Precious Feeling Flush Mineralize Blush Review
- MAC Semi Precious Unsurpassable Eyeshadow:Swatches,Review
- MAC Studio Fix Or MAC Mineralize Skin Or Mac Prolong Wear
- MAC Overrich Lipstick
- MAC Slimshine in Missy
- MAC Craving Lipstick
- MAC Funtabulous Dazzleglass
- MAC Viva Glam Cyndi