Today Iâ€™ll be reviewing MAC Angel lipstick. This was unfortunately not one of my usual well-thought of purchases (even though Shwe warned me) but when youâ€™ve just delivered and are in a state of shock over the new circumstances (read sleepless nights and intro to colic) you donâ€™t quite think straight and I blame this purchase on that frame of mind….quite convenient na?
My experience with MAC Angel Lipstick
MAC describes this shade as a soft pink in a frost finish. This looks more pearlier than frosty to me and is a pretty nude pink. It has medium coverage but can be layered for a more opaque look. Infact, this looks really similar to MAC Creme Cup, only a touch pinker..
- Price: INR980
Now I like nude shades, I really do…but this shade is too cool for me to wear without making me look washed out. The only way I can get away with wearing this is to do a heavy eye.
MAC Lipstick in Angel Swatches:-
Additionally, this is quite creamy and highlights all flaws. My lips are pigmented in the corners and this does nothing whatsoever to conceal them. Also, this stays on my lips for approx 2hrs after which it starts sinking into my lip lines making me look quite hideous.
Iâ€™m frankly not sure whom this shade would suit but my only word of caution would be to work on your eyes or maybe your accessories to make this work. If I donâ€™t do either, this shade tends to make me look dull and a bit sallow.
This is how it looks on me (NC25-30 skintone)
What I like about MAC Angel Lipstick
- A nice nude pink…iâ€™m not too fond of nude browns
- Creamy and not at all drying
- Can be built up to be opaque
What I donâ€™t like about MAC Angel Lipstick
- Washes me out unless I do heavy eye makeup
- Will highlight lip lines or chapped lips
- Doesnâ€™t conceal the pigmentation at the corners of my lips
You may also like reading:
- VOV ProfessionalÂ Eye shadow PalettesÂ Review & Swatches
- NYX 10 ColorsÂ Eyeshadow PaletteÂ Smokey EyesÂ
- BestÂ Eyeshadow PaletteÂ For Brown Eyes
- Sleek Oh So Special Eyeshadow Palette Review, Swatches & EOTD
- Revlon CustomEyes Rich Temptation Eyeshadow & Liner Palette Review
- COASTAL SCENTS 88 ULTRA SHIMMER EYESHADOW PALETTE REVIEW
- Miss Claire Professional Eyeshadow Palette 07 Review and Swatches
- Miss Claire Professional Eyeshadow Palette 06 Review & Swatches
- BH Cosmetics 120 Color Palette Eye shadow in 2nd Edition Review