I picked this up as part of my Bday Haul….I never really tried MidiMauve in the past because it looked more brown in the tube; and I’m not a fan of Browns. But on this particular visit, the store happened to be pretty empty and I had the MUAs full attention. So he took his time with me explaining which shades I should try out and Midi Mauve was one of them. I was hesitant to try it but once I did, I had to change my opinion…Here’s why..
- Color: MidiMauve is described as a rosey mauve shade with a pearl finish. On my lips though, it comes off more as pinkish nude shade.
- Price: INR980
- Coverage & Pigmentation: Coverage with this lippy is nil thanks to the lustre finish. If you hope to cover some imperfections on your lips you’d have to leav ethat thought waay behind!
- Texture: Like all MAC Lustre finishes, this one is also pretty sheer and glossy…During the these months when my lips dry and shrivel, I find this finish one of the best since instead of accentuating the dryness like a matte lippy would do, this makes my lips looks better than they actually do.
- Staying Power: This stays for about 1.5 hrs on my lips..2hrs max if worn over MAC Lip Prep n Prime.
I like this shade for how natural it looks. This would me the perfect MLBB shade for many and I’ve been told it’s one of the best selling lippies at MAC. Dry lipped girls like me will find this particular finish to be like an oasis for the lips.
Â MAC Lipstick In Midi Lip Swatch:-
Blush Recco: This lipstick can be paired with almost any blush..Since this lippy is more on the understated side, I like to pair with with a heavy eye or a brighter blush..Colorbar Pink Pinch or Illamasqua Tweak are the 2 extremes I would go to with this lippy.
What I like about MAC Lipstick in Midi Mauve:
- Would be the perfect MLBB shade for many.
- Doesn’t sink into the lip lines
- Has a sheer and shiney finish just like I like.
- Can be worn over any outfit
- Decent staying power considering it’s a sheer finish to begin with.
- Perfect for dry lips.
What I don’t like about MAC Lipstick in Midi Mauve:
- Not the shade for you if you have heavy pigmented lips.
- Packaging: 5/5
- Staying Power: 3/5
- Availability: 5/5
- Price vs. Value: 4/5
Have you tried MAC Midi Mauve? What are your views about it?
You may also like reading:
- Inglot Round Lipstick Refill No.19 Review & Swatches
- Incolor Squeeze â€˜n Shine Lip Gloss 03 Be Coralful Review
- My Scaramanga satchel
- Shiseido Multi-Shade Enhancer Sunset Glow Review, Swatches
- Blush Suggestion On Wedding
- 5 Great Red Blushes Reviews & Swatches
- Skin Origins Walnut Face Wash Review
- BeYu Eyshadow 114 Parsley Drop Review,Swatches & EOTD
- Firebird Bath & Body Almond Milk Perfume Review