Don’t we all luv those special aunties of ours who bring in firangi products for us on each vacation?I do so too. But what do you do when that Spl. Aunty bring you a gift…from MAC…which puzzles you to no end?? This is the case of when I opened up my MAC lipstick in Vanity’s Child. I twisted up the tube and proceeded to stare at it with a quizzical expression on my face only to be jarred into consciousness by the Aunty who now wanted to know how I liked it. I couldn’t break her heart..and plus, she HAD bought me MAC without being a cosmetics lover herself so the sentiment meant a lot.
So I came home, surfed the net to find out more about this shade. Did I end up liking it? Read on to know more.
About MAC Lipstick in Vanity’s Child:-
- Color: Vanity’s Child is a nude beige with a lustre finish. It end up looking like a clear balm on my lips rather than an actual color. If swiped multiple times, then the pale beige does look more pronounced on the lips. But I don’t like this way of using it because it makes me look washed out and ill….pretty much as if I were part of a sci-fi flick and was the alien!
- Price: INR980
Read -Â MAC Lipstick Capricious Review
- Coverage & Pigmentation: Coverage is nil. This is 100% sheer and a beige at that…so there’s no question of color.
- Texture: All MAC Lustre finishes are sheer and glossy…this is the same
- Staying Power: This stays for about 1.5 hrs on my lips but when worn over MAC Lip Prep n Prime, it lasts about 3 -3.5hrs. I don’t mind this since it’s a sheer shade..
This was part of the MAC Electroflash collection released a few years back. I find this a bit tricky to wear with my coloring. I won’t say it washes me out always, but I tend to be a bit pale more often than not and at this time when I wear this lipstick, it makes me look paler. On the other hand, when I look my usual pink-self this goes quite well with some heavy eye makeup to balance it out.
ReadÂ MAC Girl About TownÂ
I’ll admit though that ever since I picked up MAC Patisserie, I’ve been using this lesser and lesser. The fact that Patisserie has a Pink tint makes it a fool proof choice whereas I need to think more for this one. I should also mention that I’ve read on a few blogs that this lipstick looks best on darker skin tones and actually makes the skin look more luminous.
Swatch of MAC Lipstick in Vanity’s Child:
Here is a comparative swatch of this lipstick since I feel it will give you a fair idea of how sheer it is in comparison to other MAC shades.
Read â€“Â MAC ImpassionedÂ
And here it is on my lips..as you can see, it doesn’t look icky or tacky…but it doesnt add anything to the lips either..
MAC Lipstick in Vanity’s Child On My Lips:-
What I like about MAC Lipstick in Vanity’s Child:-
- Looks great when paired with heavy eye makeup or a simple smokey eye.
- Sheer and nice for daily wear
- Will suit deeper skintones best
- Gives the skin a luminous quality
- Doesn’t sink into the lip lines.
What I don’t like about MAC Lipstick in Vanity’s Child:-
- Will not look good on pale skin
- On chapped lips this looks positively hideous.
Have you tried MAC Vanity’s Child? What are your views about it?
You may also like reading:
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Give Me Sun MAC Bronze Everyday Collection
- Makeup Look With MAC Unflappable Eyeshadow
- MAC Stylishly Yours Something New Review & Swatches
- MAC Stylishly Yours Collection (Part1)
- MAC Unflappable Mega Metal Eyeshadow Review
- Look Book- Illamasqua Hussy Blush Review
- MAC Makeup Hello Kitty Eyeliner Liquid Expert Review