I’m back with yet another Pink lipstick. Yes…another Pink…I am a self-acclaimed Pink addict and can’t seem to get enough of them. It’s a wonder I haven’t painted my walls and wardrobe pink!…Not like my Hubby would let me….Just the hint of the the color Pink making it’s way into our joint domain would make him go bonkers…I so wish I had a tiny make up room to myself…I’d paint the walls purple and have pink designs on it…or vice versa..what do you gals think?
MAC Sweetie is one of the most unusual pinks I own and I haven’t seen this shade in any other brand. I’ve been wearing it a lot lately and love how it looks on my lips..
About MAC Lipstick in Sweetie:
- Color: Sweetie is a semi sheer pink which isn’t too bright and is a bit muted so that it doesn’t look too loud nor too boring. On my lips this looks like a dirty pink and looks quite natural.
- Price: INR980
- Coverage & Pigmentation: This lipstick is a light to medium coverage lipstick which would cover minor pigmentation but not if its too dark.Â This being a Lustre Finish lipstick, is quite sheer and is perfect for use anytime. It’s one of those shades you can mindlessly reach for since it goes with almost all outfits.
- Texture: MAC Lustre finishes are quite light and silky as compared to theÂ Amplified Cream Finish which is very obviously thicker and creamier. This doesn’t settle into my lip lines thankfully and just gives my lips a very nice, plumped look.
- Fragrance: It has the trademark Vanilla fragrance which accompanies every MAC lipstick.
- Staying Power: This stays for about 3 hrs on my lips without food and drink. Once it fades, it leaves a very faint sheen of color but this isn’t really visible on me since it kinda blends in with my natural lip color anyways.
I prefer these sort of shades when I’m in a hurry and don’t have the time to mix n match my makeup. I always have a few shades like these…like L’oreal Nutrishine in Old Rose and Sheer Papaya, Revlon Ginger Rose or Laura Mercier’s Pixie…there are so versatile and tend to look good with anything outfit or blush.
Blush Recco: I love pairing this lipstick with NYX Mosaic blush in Rosey or Paradise or even with MAC Breathe of Plum or Plum foolery..For the evening, this goes very well with MAC Breezy as well.
What I like aboutÂ MAC Lipstick in Sweetie:-
- A gorgeous everyday shade to go for.
- I love the vanilla fragrance.
- Yet another MLBB shade for me 🙂
- Can be built up to an extent.
- It doesn’t feel heavy on the lips and wont weigh them down
- Since its a Lustre finish lippy, it has the subtle shine which is usually
- This color would suit almost all skin tones.
- Doesn’t settle into the lip lines.
- Keeps my lips quite moisturized through the day even once it fades.
- Glides over the lips easily.
- Gives light to medium coverage.
What I don’t like aboutÂ MAC Lipstick in Sweetie:-
- Will not cover up heavily pigmented lips
- Staying power is quite less considering that this is a sheer shade to begin with.
- Pigmentation: 4/5
- Packaging: 5/5
- Staying Power: 4/5
- Availability: 4/5
- Price vs. Value: 5/5
You may also like reading:
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Give Me Sun MAC Bronze Everyday Collection
- Makeup Look With MAC Unflappable Eyeshadow
- MAC Stylishly Yours Something New Review & Swatches
- MAC Stylishly Yours Collection (Part1)
- MAC Unflappable Mega Metal Eyeshadow Review
- Look Book- Illamasqua Hussy Blush Review
- MAC Makeup Hello Kitty Eyeliner Liquid Expert Review
- MAC Overrich Lipstick
- MAC Slimshine in Missy
- MAC Craving Lipstick
- MAC Funtabulous Dazzleglass
- MAC Viva Glam Cyndi