I love blushes and jump at the chance to try new ranges 🙂 so when I heard about theÂ mineralizeÂ blushes fromÂ MACÂ and how awesome they were, I started hunting down swatches and making my list…and then ofcourse sending my list to my bro who keeps my list handy whenever my Bday, rakhi, bhai duj and other such occasions come up. It was on one such occasion that he got me this blush and I cannot even begin to tell you guys how much I love this. Of all my blushes, I think this has the most chance of finishing merely thanks to my swatching!
- Price:INR 1100 approx.
My take on the MAC Love Thing Blush:
- Color:Â This blush is a brightÂ raspberryÂ shade which tiny gold shimmers. If you’re looking for a subtle shade, forget about it! This is a vibrant raspberry shade and what best about it is the shimmers which are not chunky and hence doesn’t make you second guess your decision to wear it.
- Texture:Â Like allÂ mineralizeÂ blushes, this is hard to the touch but pretty soft to use. 😉 It does have some fallout but nothing alarming and the pearlized shimmers are finely milled and hence, a pleasure to use..
- Pigmentation and Coverage:Â Even though this blush is quite pigmented and dense, it can be applied quite sheerly. Although sheerly doesn’t mean the color will fade to the background and is definitely visible, this is a blush which can be built up towardsÂ roseyÂ cheeks. 🙂
- Staying Power:Â This blush stays for approx 8-9hrs on my cheeks though the shimmers fade within 3hrs of application.
- Application:Â I use a normal round blush brush and apply this blush on the sides on my cheeks. When I started using it however, I was so scared of the color that I used to use a fan brush! So if you’re scared of the intense-ness of this shade don’t worry…play around an use whatever feels comfy.
Pros of MAC Love Thing Blush:-
- The shade of raspberry is out of this world and brightens up the face immediately.
- Would suit both fair and dusky skin tones.
- Shimmer is pearlized and quite fine so it leads more of a glow to the face.
- Staying power is very good.
- I’ve travelled with it and it didn’t break.
- The lid is see through so its handy to identify the colors amongst others.
- Easy to blend.
Cons of MAC Love Thing Blush:
- Pretty pricey.
- Pigmentation:Â 4.5/5
- Texture:Â 5/5
- Packaging:Â 4.5/5
- Staying Power:Â 4.5/5
- Price vs. Quality:Â 4.5/5
Â You may also like to read: