I reviewed the MAC Careblend pressed powder last month and mentioned there that I had finally managed to get my MAC MSF from Hyderabad….finally after 6months of waiting. It’s been a looong wait…The one lone MAC store in Pune never seemed to stock it even after begging them to and I was quite fed up with them. On my trip to Chennai, again I faced the same disappointment (altho I consoled myself by buying more goodies). But then I struck gold at Hyderabad. I just walked into the store and decided to try my luck. I couldn’t believe it when the MUA said they had it and I jumped on it the moment I held it in my hands!
Read -Â MAC Lipstick Capricious Review
I have also included a short comparison between the Careblend powder and the MSF Natural so that it’s clear what each product helps with and does.
About MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural:
A luxurious domed face powder with minerals, slowly baked to provide a dimensional yet natural-matte finish. Provides perfect low coverage. Use to set and fix foundation or as a touch-up throughout the day.
- Price: Â INR 1500
- Quantity: Â 10gms
My take on MAC MSF Natural in Medium Plus :
- Packaging: This comes in a round black compact with aÂ clear see-through lid. As visible, the pressed powder is in a dome shape…even more so than what you can seen in the pictures since I’ve been using this for over a month now.
- Coverage & Texture: This honestly provides nil coverage. It’s more like a finishing powder. It’s as light as air ( or as light as I expect air to be). It looks like it has mini illuminating particles in it, but that’s probably the minerals doing their job..
- Staying Power: This really can’t be seen at all on the face like most powders so I judge the staying power by how long this keeps the oiliness at bay. After applying this, it’s about 3.5 – 4hrs before I need to re-apply.
What may strike you after reading the above points is why I’m so crazy about this if it doesn’t even provide any coverage??? Well, let me put it in point form lest I get carried away..
- For starters this is exactly what it’s described to be.. a mineral powder which provides a natural matte finish.
- This also means that when applied, the powder won’t make the skin look completely matte like the Maybelline Dream Matte Powder or MAC Careblend Powder.
- It adds a luminent glow to the face. A few posts earlier in an FOTD, some mentioned a glow on my face. This is what made it happen! It makes me glow and look fresh and dewy.
- Even though its not ultra-matte, it still keeps the oil at bay for the same time as a normal Compact
- The formula isn’t thick and you won’t feel like you’ve applied anything 🙂
- The quantity is good enough to be used for about 5-6mts easily
The initial problem I had with this was not knowing how much to apply. Since I couldn’t see this on my face on application, I had no idea whether I was using enough. Then I watched a video on Youtube and realized that it’s not meant to be seen ..hehe..After around 6-7 applications and super-vision skills, I could makeout the difference it makes. I use the Bourjois Powder Kabuki to swirl in the pan and then press it into my skin.
Read â€“Â MAC ImpassionedÂ
MAC Careblend Pressed Powder VS. MAC MSF Natural :
- The Careblend powder acts more as a compact powder whereas the MSF is a true Finishing powder
- MSFs are mineral based unlike the Careblend one
- The Careblend powder gives a more Matte effect than MSF Natural.
- The Careblend powder is much more creamy to the feel than the MSF
- On application, the MSF is not even visible unlike the Careblend powder which is quite visible.
- MSF will suit most skintypes whereas the Careblend Pwder is not for Dry skinned gals since it may accentuate the dryness and give the appearance of flakiness.
- Although both have the same quantity, the Careblend pressed powder tends to finish faster than MSF.
- If you like the dewy look sans oiliness, then MSF is the pick for you.
What I dislike about MAC MSF Natural in Medium Plus :
- I had a lot of trouble finding this shade. I’m not sure whether this is the same case for all shades though.
Ratings:Â 5/5 (-.5 just because I find it too pricey)
Have you tried the MAC MSF Naturals?
You may also like to read:
- MAC #187 Duo Fiber Stippling Brush Review
- Must Have MAC lipsticks To Be Worn To Office
- MAC Off Shoot Lipstick :Review,Swatches & FOTD
- MAC Juxt Eyeshadow:Review,Swatch,FOTD
- 20 MAC Powder Blush Swatches
- MAC Flirt & Tease, MAC Breath Of Plum, MAC Plum Foolery & More Swatches
- MAC Semi Precious Feeling Flush Mineralize Blush Review
- MAC Semi Precious Unsurpassable Eyeshadow:Swatches,Review
- MAC Studio Fix Or MAC Mineralize Skin Or Mac Prolong Wear
- MAC Overrich Lipstick
- MAC Slimshine in Missy
- MAC Craving Lipstick
- MAC Funtabulous Dazzleglass
- MAC Viva Glam Cyndi