By now its no secret that I am a complete MAC -o – Holic(well arent we all)?? The other day while cleaning out my make up drawer I came across this beautiful emerald green kohl by mac .Its called Minted but the color is not mint green but more like emerald green. Â Its theÂ green cousin of our beloved smolder eye kohl.
- The colour:Its a very pretty emerald green colour with no shimmer to it.Its actually very very similar to MACâ€s Surf USA eyeshadow from the surf baby collection.Like all MAC Kohls they r prone to smudging but it actually makes for a very nice smokey look when smudged on the eyelids.
- THe texture: its very smooth and theres absolutely no pulling or tugging while applying on upper lashline and now watering of eyes when applying on waterline. It looks especially good when applied only on the waterline with black liner on the eyelids.
- Pigmentation:The pigmentation is just fab! one swipe and you actually get the true colour.It can built up to get a very intenses emerald green also.
- Packaging: Its a looooong black pencil with a green end and a black cap.I particularly like this because it makes the identificationÂ of the colour easier.
MAC Minted Eye kohl Swatches:-
- Staying power: On the upper eyelids it almosts lasts the whole day with a little fading after 6-7 hrs but on the lower lashline it can smudge if you have watery eyes!But the this kohl is used for creating soft looks so I am good with this.
- Price: I dont really remember how much I got it for but now all these Kohls retail for 1000 inr. Bit pricey in my opinion as almost all drugstore brands have an emerald green shade ..but then MAC is MAC.
What I like aboutÂ MAC Minted Eye kohl :-
- the colour
- smooth texture
- good for using as liner orÂ to smudge n give a soft look
- packaging..the colour co ordinated ends of the pencils are very convenient.
What i dont like about this kohl:-
- Not a very unique colour.. can be found in a cheaper brand
My rating: 4/5
You might like reading these also:-