I am back with aÂ MAC review after very long. My recent obsession with the kryolan pencils made me ignore one of my most used from MAC for a while. Plumage is not a very well known shade for reasons unknown. I swooped down on this shade after I saw an MUA wear it a MAC and brought it home with me. Its not very easy to find to many reviews of this shade in the Indian Blogosphere.. but let me introduce to the underdog of MAC eyeshadowswhich complements the vast array ofÂ MACâ€™sÂ neutrals beautifully !! You can see from the dent in the pan how often I use it!
Price: Rs.720 for refill/ Rs.980 for pan
My take on MAC Plumage Eyeshadow :
Mac describes Plumage as a dusky peacock shade.It actually is like that .as is a darkened peacocky-teal colour. This colour looks fab when paired with neutrals and on the lower lashline.
Plumage is a matte finish eyeshadow..Inspire of it being a matte eyeshadow it is not chalky at all and blends very well. It works great for a day time smoky eye.On very fair complexions,this is a good alternative to black eyeshadow, as black looks very stark on very fair skins.
The texture is soft but there is no fall out on application. It blends very well and works beautifully as an outer v shade . I have used in in the EOTD below. This look is usually my work look. I have used MAC woodwinked and MAC Plumage in the outer corner. I think I have blended it too much though…. oops!
The pigmentation is one area where this eyeshadow fails to deliver. The swatch is very pigmented ,but on blending most of the colour vanishes!!!
But,in a way its good as it works perfectly for light smoky eyes or to add some definition to an otherwise neutral eye look. This eyeshadow works beautifully to blend out kohl or eyeliner in the lower lash-line.
You see how the colour just vanishes.
The staying power is good like mos MAC shadows so no complaints there.
Overall, I would say that this a fab colour for the day time as it adds definition without being too dark.I reach for it on most days and the texture makes it a dream to work with. Just wish the pigmentation was better. I have used just Plumage and eyeliner to show how it looks like on its own:
What I like about MAC Plumage Eyeshadow:
- Good colour to add definition
- Great texture
- No fallout
- Staying power is good
- Its MAC afterall
What I don’t like about MAC Plumage Eyeshadow:
- PigmentationÂ could have been much better.
- Availability as few mac stores in the country !
Have you tried MAC Plumage Eyeshadow ?
You might like reading these also:-
- Aishwarya Rai Plastic Surgery â€“ Did Aishwarya Rai Have Plastic Surgery?
- Kryolan Ikonic Gel Eyeliner Pencil Olive Shimmer Review & Swatches
- Sleek Makeup Matte Papaya Punch Lipstick Review, Swatches & FOTD
- How Long Does A Bikini Wax Last
- MUA Kiss Proof Lip Stain Kissalicious Review & Swatches
- Sleek MakeUp 2012 collection HONOUR Review, Swatches & FOTD
- Clinique New Moisture Surge Overnight Mask India
- 5 Great Tips To Avoid Clumpy Eyelashes
- 10 Best Silicone Free Shampoo
- Maybelline Line Stiletto Ultimate Precision Liquid Eyeliner Brownish Black Review & Swatches