By Ankita Saroj :-
This refreshing mist is much raved about in the beauty community and it is not so hard to see why. Infact, my own bottle is almost half empty even though I bought it 2 months ago. I watch a lot of beauty channels on Youtube and I have always come across this particular product being mentioned over and over again. Itâ€™s called MAC prep+prime+fix+ and many people wrongly think that this is a makeup setting spray. It is not a makeup setting spray but a refreshing mist and a finishing spray, meaning it will smooth out the makeup and enhance the dewiness of the skin. Keep on reading for my take on MACprep+prime+fix+.
- Price– INR 1650 for 100 ml
- Availability- Nykaa, MAC stores etc.
Claims- A lightweight mist of water packed with vitamins and minerals, infused with a blend of green tea, chamomile and cucumber to gently soothe and refresh the skin. Gives an instant boost of hydration while delivering a soft sheen to refresh and finish makeup. It soothes, hydrates and refreshes skin. Is non- acnegenic, dermatologist and ophthalmologist tested.
How to use?
Hold bottle 12 inches away from face and spray evenly. Use alone or to finish makeup.
Ingredients- Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caffeine, Panthenol, Arginine, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol.
My experience withÂ MAC Prep Prime Fix:-
- Packaging- Came in a black box that was covered in purple, pink and green sparkles, looking like a pretty galaxy. The bottle itself is transparent and frosted, through which the liquid is clearly visible. It has a spray pump which gets locked if you hold and twist the cover towards the right. You have to push the top to dispense the liquid.
Color, consistency and fragrance-
Color and consistency of it is like water, meaning it is totally transparent and doesnâ€™t leave any kind of color on your skin. It smells like cucumber and rose water mixed together and is very soothing on the nose.
There are many different ways I utilize this spray:
- Use solo to replenish the moisture on the skin
- Use it in between my moisturizing and priming routine, as it enhances the natural dewiness of my skin.
- Spray onto my damp beauty blender before applying makeup with it.
- Spray onto my powdered face, which results in a seamless finish as usually the powder can look cakey on its own.
- Use on metallic or shimmery eyeshadows and face highlighters to make them appear more pigmented. The right way to do so is to spray the prep+prime+fix+ on the brush and then dipping it in the product for usage on the skin.
- Use to refresh my makeup throughout the day, whenever I need to touch up my makeup.
Pros-Â MAC Prep Prime Fix:-
- Handy and travel-friendly
- Refreshens and moisturizes the skin
- Dries down quickly
- Enhances the pigment on metallic/shimmery eyeshadows and face highlighters
- Bye to cake-face! Gives a natural/dewy finish to the makeup
Cons-MAC Prep Prime Fix:-
- Pricey and less quantity for the price
- People with oily skin may want to steer clear of this
- Does not affect the longevity of the makeup
- More products should not be layered upon it