After using the Wundereye cream reviewed here, my dark circles had reduced considerably… Last year saw me loving lots of different concealors like the Colorbar Cover-up concealor reviewed here, the Bourjois Brush on Concealor reviewed here and even the Kryolan concealor reviewed here… But the end of 2012 saw my skin going dull due to certain reactions to products and this made me turn to MAC for my next Concealor. My main desire was to have a concealor that wouldn’t crease at all no matter what the season.
Last summer, I tried out a sample of the Prolongwear Concealor in NC30 which suited me well and in Dec when it got over, the MUA suggested NC 25 since my skin tans in summer but gets back to normal in the winters.
So after trying this concealor over 2-3seasons(incl monsoons), I was finally convinced and picked up the full size for NC30 considering summers on its way 🙂
My take on MAC Prolongwear Concealor:
- Packaging: The concealor comes in glass bottle with a pump dispenser. It has a lid which is quite sturdy and good for travel. My only complaint regd this would be that being in a pump form means that at the end, there will surely be a good amount of product left inside the bottle wihich would be next to impossible to get out.Furthermore, a single pump dispenses way too much product than necessary since approx half a pump is sufficient. To this end, I’am using one of the sample jars from MAC. I pump out 4-5pumps worth of product in the jar and use it directly from there.
- Price: Â 1100INR
- Quantity: 9ml
- Coverage & Usage: It gives me medium to full coverage depending on what I need. I use a very tiny bit to conceal the dark circles and if I want full coverage, I just apply a second layer. I usually apply this with a fluffy eye brush and then use my fingers to pat it down.
- Texture: This is a thick and creamy formula but what’s amazing is that it still doesn’t crease. I have a few lines under my eyes and it never collects in them. I’m not sure if this would hold true with more mature skin but according to me, unless one has super oily skin/lids, this shouldn’t crease or melt at all.
- Staying Power: It stays on for the entire day…seriously…
My Verdict: I love this concealer to bits! I did a lot of research on it to ensure it would work on me in every season because the price and quantity both is quite a lot and it would be a sad thing if I found out it didn’t suit me later..
I use this daily to work and am amazed at how well it works…It even conceals the tiny scar near my eye to a great extent (as you can see from the pics) and I use it around my nose and mouth area which tends to be a bit darker. Another plus point about this is that it sets quickly which is perfect for those hurried mornings 🙂
I find the formula moisturizing as well although not excessively so. Hence, I usually use a hydrating cream/gel on my eye area before doing my makeup. This is especially coz winters dry out my skin like crazy and using a moisturizing base always helps.
What I like about MAC Prolongwear Concealor:
- Sets quickly without looking cakey
- Doesn’t crease at all
- Gives medium to full coverage
- Hygienic packaging
- Doesn’t melt or run
What I don’t like about MAC Prolongwear Concealor:
- The bottle packaging ensures that some product will def go to waste. Wish this came in a li’l tub or a tube.
You may also like to read these:
- Sigma Tapered Blending E40 Brush Review
- My Top 5 winter Must Haves
- Mac Matte Powder Blush in â€˜Coppertoneâ€™ Review & Swatches
- Marks & Spencer Fig & Orange Oil Hand Cream Review
- Nivea Visage Aqua Sensation Anti Shadow Eye Care Review
- Vellvette Box January 2013
- Introducing Estee Lauder Perfectionist Wrinkle Lifting/Firming Serum
- Empties â€“ Jan 2013
- Lead Free Lipsticks India â€“ Suggestions
- Silk Naturals Kiss Cleanser Review -Cleanser For Sensitive Skin