MAC released Limited Edition Rihanna Holiday Collection very quietly here in Bangalore this Saturday and honestly the stuff was sold out very quickly. I was able to pick the last piece of much hyped RIRI WOO Lipstick and here I am with quick review of that. It is holiday packaging and hence the price is different from regular MAC lipstick.
- Size â€“ 3 gms,
- Price â€“ 1200/- , Available at MAC stores across India
- Shade â€“ MAC RIRI Woo is described as matte cool red and has retro matte finish. As the description says , it is cool toned blue based medium to dark red shade and very teeny tiny bit different from Ruby Woo from where the inspiration comes. I am not bowled over with the shade but due to hype I picked this without trying on lips. On my lips there is hardly any difference â€“ shade and texture vise. The colour is universally flattering and is especially must have if you havenâ€™t picked RUBY WOO. You can easily skip it if you have Ruby Woo, they both are almost similar.
- Texture â€“ As it is retro matte, you can expect a little bit of tugging and dryness on lips, not the best finish for chapped lips. It doesnâ€™t glide very easily on my lips and also not unevenly. The colour is gorgeously pigmented but due to dry texture I do need to layer it for even finish. I make sure my lips are in good condition a day prior as I like to layer my matte lipsticks without any balm. What is the use if you have balm on your lips , the matte look disappears if you have balm already, so very well exfoliated and moisturized lips are advisable .
- Packaging â€“It is housed in rose gold packaging, looks and feels luxury. The price is increased by 20 % but then MAC is famous to hike all holiday packaging prices by more or less 10 â€“ 15 %.
My experience with MAC RIRI WOO :
I absolutely loved the rose gold packaging; it is something which made me pick this lipstick without much thinking. The colour is also lovely and looks wonderful on my NC 40 skin tone but the drier texture is such a turn off. I do know that retro matte finishes are dry and this is exactly I expected it to be. It does stay for hrs without transferring and looks freshly applied even after 5 â€“ 6 hrs.
MAC Riri Woo Swatches:
What I like about MAC Riri Woo:-
- The colour is beautiful if you already donâ€™t have RUBY WOO, stunning and eye catching â€“ a must buy.
- The holiday packaging, I did pay 200 bucks extra but I loved the packaging no doubt.
- The signature on lipstick which says â€œRIRIâ€, so damn cool.
- It does need a little layering but the colour is absolutely opaque and stays for 5 â€“ 6 hrs without fading or bleeding, you do need a good makeup remover to take off the last bit of traces.
What I donâ€™t like about MAC Riri Woo:-
- The texture is very dry but it is something which is expected from retro matte.
Ratings â€“ 4/5,
The lipstick looks beautiful and so is the colour but texture is little too drying for my liking. I do love my matte lipsticks but with added softness, something like NARS VELVET MATTE Lip pencils, they are matte but have velvety texture. I have one to share in coming days.
Have you tried MAC Riri Woo?
You might also like reading these:-
- 30 Beautiful Chambor Eyeliner Swatches & Photos
- Colorbar I-Glide Eye Pencil Coal Mine 09 Review & Swatches
- Chambor Eye tattoo Liner ET 03 Review & Swatches
- NYX 923 Copper Slim Eye Pencil Review and Swatches
- MAC Chromagraphic Pencil Rich Purple Review And Swatches
- Lakme Nine To Five Kohl Ultimate Photos & Swatches
- Diana Of London Shooting Star Eyeliner Eye Pencil Review