My dad is one of the most supportive and kind people that I have ever had the fortune to meet. Heâ€™s 6â€™4â€™â€™, intimidating and imposing looking but just a really big fluffy teddy. I love you Daddy! :*
But I digress, recently my dad gifted me two MAC lipsticks on a mere whim. He chose them on his own and handed them to me, expecting the regular squeals indicating that I adore it. Seeing the first, Ruby Woo, I screamed like a banshee and hugged my dad till I almost cracked a rib. 😛
But the next one, which I am now going to review, rained on my parade. Looking at it I knew right then that there wasnâ€™t a chance in hell of me rocking this shade but I nevertheless smiled a megawatt smile and made my dad happy.
Price: It was a gift, but I think this retails at around 1100INR.
It comes in the classic MAC tube packaging thatâ€™s both travel safe and classy. Itâ€™s a perfect blend of utility and style that has made MAC a world leader in cosmetics. The black outer tube with click mechanism and silver inner tube just makes my heart happy when I glance at it.
My take on MAC Satin Lipstick Snob :
MAC describes this as a â€œladylike mauveâ€ but for me, this colour is more of a Nicki Minaj pink with cool lavender undertones. I am sure there are numerous people in the world who think that they can rock this shade, seeing as itâ€™s one of the most popular shades in the permanent collection. But sadly, I just cannot. I look ghastly in this lipstick, just bloody awful! I look pale, drawn out and how I always imagined an Inferius (reanimated corpse, to the muggles who donâ€™t get the Harry Potter reference) would look.
I just despise this lipstick, itâ€™s that awful on me. It makes my dry lips look even more flaky than they already are and applies very unevenly. It lasts a mere 2 hours (without food) and then fades unevenly to this chalky pastel pink that looks garish.
I kid you not, when I rushed to the mirror for a lip swatch of this product my dad gave me an incredulous look and said, â€œYou are going out in that? That?â€ Once I was done with the swatch and longevity test I practically rubbed my lips raw, wanting to get all the colour out. I havenâ€™t had the cojones to wear this lipstick out, and I am sure that itâ€™s in the best interest of the public. -.-
MAC Satin Lipstick Snob Swatches:
Thereâ€™s nothing good that I have to say about this shade, apart from the classy classic MAC packaging. This is one shade I will never ever buy!
What I like about MAC Satin Lipstick Snob:
- Suitable for very pale and slightly tanned white people
- Very unusual colour
- Can be an MLBB color for numerous people
- The satin finish gives a matte look but isnâ€™t as drying
- Travel safe classy packaging
What I don’t like about MAC Satin LipstickÂ Snob:-
- Applies patchily
- Not suitable for dusky Indian skin
- So popular that sometimes availability may be a problem in some countries
- Fades patchily on my dry lips.
- The writing on the tube is not engraved and can fade away.
Would I repurchase MAC Satin Lipstick Snob ?
This shade? Never in a gaziliion years!
Would I recommend MAC Snob to friends?
If they are an NC15 or lower, maybe so.
Rating: 3.5/5 (Itâ€™s not a bad lipstick per se, just a bad one for me)
Have you tried MAC Satin Lipstick Snob ?
You might also like reading these:-
- How To Pamper Feet At Home â€“ DIY Foot Soak
- The Body Care Salon Premium 24 carat GOLD FACIAL KIT Review
- Fish Tail Festive Eye Makeup Look â€“ Tutorial
- MAC Pure Orange Studio Finish Skin Corrector Review & Swatches
- This Week Online Shopping : Some Gr8 Deals To look Out For This Diwali
- Coloressence Mesmerising Lip Color Fuschia Glame Review & Swatches
- VLCC Daily Protect Cherry Lip Balm Review