MAC Semi Precious collection is going to be launched this friday (21st Oct) in Hyderabad & Bangalore.I am not sureÂ whether it has been launched inÂ Â Delhi or Mumbai yet. These are Â limited edition and are inspired by twelve earthy shades.
Shades available :-
- Blue SheenÂ Melange of navy, black, peach (Limited Edition)
- ClarityÂ Melange of light pink, off white green, gold, and black (Limited Edition)
- Dark IndulgenceÂ Melange of forest green and black (Limited Edition)
- Faux GoldÂ Melange of coral, gold, lime, bronze (Limited Edition)
- Golden GlazeÂ Melange of gold and black (Limited Edition)
- Hint of SapphireÂ Melange of pink, violet, teal, copper, blue (Limited Edition)
- Jadeâ€™s FortuneÂ Melange of bright yellow, blue, lime, black (Limited Edition)
- Mineral ModeÂ Melange of white base with copper and gray (Limited Edition)
- Quartz FusionÂ Melange of soft pink, silver, deep pink (Limited Edition)
- Rare FindÂ Melange of violet, brown, gold (Limited Edition)
- Smoked RubyÂ Melange of burgundy and black (Limited Edition)
- UnsurpassableÂ Melange of green, teal, purple, copper (Limited Edition)
- Packaging – These eyeshadow are of the size of the MAC compact and they can not fit in the Pro palette. It has a round, transparent, plastic flap over it which makes it easy to pick up the shades if one owns a number of them. The eyeshadow looks really pretty Â and looks like a mini baked earth fitted into a small pan.
- Price – Rs1150 approx
This kind of eyeshadow works the best when applied wet though the pay off. Â Unsurpassable Eyeshadow looks tad more pigmented when used wet.One surely needs an eye primer underneath these eyeshadows to get a good colour pay off otherwise there is lot of fall in these. I personally like using it over a paint pot, that way it stays long with less fall and good finish.
- Color – It’s a semi sheer shade with shade of purple and teal in it and oodles of Â different colour shimmer in it. If swatched dry, it doesn’t come out as pretty. IÂ experiencedÂ lot of fall with it when dry and I was not able to apply evenly. Pigmentation does get better when wet and the copper and silver shimmer is more apparent.
- Staying power– Even if I use a primer underneath it starts fading after three hours.
- Texture – It’s satiny and smooth Â and blending is easy with it.
Swatches of MAC Semi Precious Unsurpassable EyeshadowÂ
Lighter shade in both the picture is dry and darker is wet.
It’s a semi sheer greyish light olive shade and I wish there could be more green or purple in it the way it comes out in the pan.
There is quite a bit of grey shimmer fall out in these therefore I am not that much impressed with the shade.I tried 2-3 looks with it which didn’t turned out as pretty as I wanted them to be.Â I would have worked more on the eye makeup look and showed you some Â but I wanted to review it and show you the swatches of it before the collection gets sold out in the store.
Recommendation-Â You can pick these eye shadows if you are fond of mineralize makeup otherwise I won’t recommend this shade atleast..I personally would like to pick smoked ruby which is a beautiful dark burgundy brown shade Â rather than this one.
Wise She Rating –
- Overall – 3.5/5
- Pigmentation – 3.5/5
- Packaging -4.5/5
- Staying power – 3/5
You might like reading these also:-
- Products To Protect From Sun Tan On Beaches
- Magic Fruit Extract Range Saffron Fairness Massage Cream Review
- Arabic Eye Makeup In Olive Green (Eye Makeup Tutorial )
- MAC Studio Fix Or MAC Mineralize Skin Or Mac Prolong Wear
- Nail Polish Remover Pads/Tissues China Li Ya Review
- MARC CAIN Unveils Autumn Winter 2011 Collection
Product sent by company for consideration but it has not affected our review. Our priority will always be you.