This was my very first MAC Slimshine and yet another MAC I wheedled my bro into getting for me 🙂 I realize by now it must seem like my Bro is my MAC supplier but I really can’t help it….He pampers me and I glorify in the pampering! 😉
About MAC Slimshine Lipstick in Missy:
- Color: This shade is a semi-sheer coral with an orange undertone.
- Price: INR 1000 but I’m not sure since it was a gift
- Coverage & Pigmentation: Its semi sheer….or semi opaque depending on how you want to see it. Its not a buildable shade and this provides medium coverage. So, this may cover light pigmentation but not the heavier kinds.
- Texture: This Slimshine lippy seems to be extremely milky. Its so soft and velvety that the bar actually slides around in the tube and I only twist up a tiny amount to avoid breakage. The color is gorgeous but the texture is so milky that it settles into the lip lines…This isn’t too visible from afar though…and thank god for that! My only major issue with this is that it bleeds. Its as if I’ve poured milk on my lips! The color keeps sliding around and I find this really irritating.
- Staying Power: First and foremost, I need to mention that without a liner, this stays not ore than for an hour on my lips…after that it gets streaky and a bit goopy. However, if and when I use a liner, this stays for a full 3hrs.
I do like this lipstick even though its such a melty sort of a formula. All I need is a good lip liner to use underneath and I’m done! 🙂 I agree it does require a little more effort to make it work but it’s totally worth it…
What I like about MAC Slimshine Lipstick in Missy:
- I love Corals and this is one of the most perfect coral shades.
- The sleek packaging is so cool.
- Doesn’t dry out my lips at all and keeps them moisturized thru the day.
- Glides easy over my lips.
- No shimmer or glitter.
- Gives medium coverage and conceals pigmentation on my lips.
What I don’t like about MAC Slimshine Lipstick in Missy:
- Can’t be used without a lipliner. It bleeds and gets streaky otherwise.
- Pigmentation: 4/5
- Packaging: 5/5
- Staying Power: 4/5
- Availability: 4/5
- Price vs. Value: 4/5
You may also enjoy reading:
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Give Me Sun MAC Bronze Everyday Collection
- Makeup Look With MAC Unflappable Eyeshadow
- MAC Stylishly Yours Something New Review & Swatches
- MAC Stylishly Yours Collection (Part1)
- MAC Unflappable Mega Metal Eyeshadow Review
- Look Book- Illamasqua Hussy Blush Review
- MAC Makeup Hello Kitty Eyeliner Liquid Expert Review