How many of us actually stray away from the routine nudes and neutrals when it comes to lipstick? We always prefer to play it safe with plummy browns and pinks. â€œOh and orange, what orange, lipstick? Maybe red but not orange, okay coral maybe thatâ€™s itâ€. I am not saying we donâ€™t experiment but I do feel we are in the minority here. Orange shade, I feel is a very flattering one especially on Indian skin tones. Every makeup lover should at least give the shade a chance to explain. Now I am rambling, I know. Letâ€™s get into the topic of the day, MAC So Chaud Lipstick.
About MAC So Chaud Lipstick:-
Colour plus texture for the lips. Stands out on the runway. Simmers on the street! What made MÂ·AÂ·C famous.
- Price: INR 990 for 3gm
My experience with MAC So Chaud Lipstick:-
The shade: So Chaud in literal term means â€˜So Hotâ€™. Yes, very apt for the lipstick I say. MAC describes the shade as intense reddish orange and I agree whole heartedly. It is not exactly a pure orange but nevertheless a very brave shade at that. It looks quite flattering on a range of skin tones from light to dusky. But medium to duskier skin tones rock the shade.
- Pigmentation: So Chaud is a matte finish lipstick from MAC. High on pigmentation yet creamy and very forgiving on lips! A single swipe is all you need to get opaque coverage. It covers lip pigmentation well, deposits evenly without any tugging or pulling.
- Texture: I love MACâ€™s matte range. They are creamy, pigmented and non-drying all at the same time. Exfoliated and prepped lips form a better base and actually let the lipstick perform a world apart. It does not settle into fine lines nor bleed. The lipstick sets on application and it does not transfer.
MAC So Chaud Lipstick Swatches:-
- Fragrance & staying power: The lipstick carries the signature Vanilla fragrance attributed to most MAC lipsticks. It is mild and should not be a cause of worry for even those sensitive to fragrance. The lipstick stays put on me without much fading for nearly 6-7 hours.
- Packaging: The packaging is the standard black MAC bullet .It is sturdy, compact and travel friendly.
What I like about MAC So Chaud Lipstick:-
- Gorgeous reddish orange shade
- Applies creamy
- Well pigmented
- Non drying
- Does not settle into fine lines
- Does not bleed or transfer
- Impressive Staying power
- Pleasant Vanilla fragrance
What I don’t like about MAC So Chaud Lipstick:-
- None (it is not fair mentioning price as a con for MAC lipstick!)
Final Verdict: It is summer and the season to play wild.MAC So Chaud is a gorgeous yet brave shade and a must try from MAC!
Â Have you tried MAC So Chaud Lipstick Review?
You might like reading these also:-
- GUERLAIN La Petite Robe Noire Eau De Parfum Review
- WELLA System Professional Color Save Mask Review
- Coastal Scents Pink Kabuki Brush Review
- How To Take Care Of Skin During Holi
- The Body Shop Almond Oil Hand Rescue Treatment Review
- M.A.C at WLIFW AW 2013 Day 3- MANISH MALHOTRA
- MAC Cleanse Off Oil Review â€“ The Best Makeup Remover
- Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain 040 Rendezvous Rendezvous Review & FOTD
- Flaunting my 1st China Glaze Nail Lacquer in Grape Pop