Post By Zara,
MAC Lipstick In Verve Review
This is one of the recent MAC purchase of mine. I wanted a nice brown/ brick red shade since long and could never seem to find the right shade…I always found either Reds or Brown but never that perfect in-between shade I craved. So while browsing I saw swatches of this shade and decided to give it a shot.
- Size: 3gms
- Price: 950 INR
MAC Verve is a Satin Finish lipstick and is again very popular amongst the MAC Lipsticks. What I personally love about it is that it can be worn very lightly or can be layered to get a denser shade.
- Packaging: This lipstick comes in the usual bullet-shaped MAC packaging with the brand highlighted in silver. The details of the brand and the shade name is given on the bottom of the lipstick. The packaging is very sturdy and there is no chance of the lipstick opening up in your purse.
- Color: I bought this believing it was a brick red shade. But thats not quite the case…This color is described as a Muted brownish Plum. And after using this, I realise that this does have a tinge of red, but is more of a Terracotta shade than brick red.
- Texture :The lipstick is very smooth along with being moisturizing without being excessively creamy. It have a glazey look to it so there’s not much of a chance to settle into the fine lines of the lips.
- Coverage: This lipstick is a full coverage one. But it can be used as one wishes. I am not fond of extremely dark shades so I use it very lightly. The glaze/ glossy content makes my lips shine and look like I’ve applied a balm underneath the lipstick.
- Pigmentation: The lipstick is super pigmented and I luv this! I wear this on a lot of occasions and parties since it gives a very different look to my face. I don’t use many dark shades and this is one of the few I actually like.
- Fragrance: This lipstick has the Mac trademark vanilla fragrance which is not too strong and wouldn’t irritate any sensitive noses.
- Staying Power: This lipstick stays for a loooong time on my lips. Even after meals, it just fades a tiny bit and I usually don’t find the need to touch up then as well. It also fades evenly which is a preferred trait in a lippy.
Swatches of MAC Verve LipstickÂ
What I like about MAC Verve Lipstick:Â
- The fact that its full coverage and can be built up well is a huge plus point.
- It covers up any pigmented areas on the lips.
- The glazey finish just enhances your make up further.
- Would suit most girls, especially dusky beauties.
- The staying power is really good and the best of all the MAC lipsticks I own.
- The vanilla fragrance is something I really like.
- The packaging is very travel friendly, not to mention very classy.
Â What I don’t like about MAC Verve Lipstick:
- After about 4/5hrs it tends to settle into the fine lines of my lips 🙁