When I saw this product in the catalogue of Â Mary Kay, I don’t think I wasted a minute on thinking…I knew I wanted to buy this…I had a slight suspicion wrt it which is quite accurate….the suspicion being that this is a dupe of MAC Bamboo paint (the ones that come in tubes) I had seen it being used in a YouTube video and liked how it looked..neutral and not an overpowering brown..Read on to know more.
My take on Mary Kay Fluid Eye Color in Sandstone:
- Packaging: This baby comes in a liquid form in a pen like tube. To dispense the product, you have to twist the base. The brush which disperses the product is also not at all harsh and very soft on the skin.
- Quantity: Â 1.7gms
- Price: Â INR 750
- Color & Texture:This shade is a bronzey brown with orange undertones which doesn’t have any shimmer. It’s extremely creamy in texture and gives a satin finish after setting.
- Color Payoff:The color payoff is much more than I imagined..when I saw it rising in the tube, I imagined a really lightish sand brown shade but it’s actually a nice wearable brown which is slightly deeper and can be used on its own as well.
- Staying Power: It stays on my lid for the entire day..I have normal to dry lids and this doesn’t budge on my lids. However, this being a cream based product, it may cease on oily lids.
Mary Kay Fluid Eye Color Sandstone Swatches:-
I was super happy to realise this was a 99% dupe for MAC Bamboo Paint..I like how I can wear it sheerly or build it up a bit…When I got it during the monsoons when the weather was still a bit warm, I used to apply this and then top it off with a light shadow in the inner corner like MAC arena and MAC Espressoin the crease. But during the winters when my skin anyways becomes dry and it’s a task to get out of bed in the morning to get ready for work, I use this alone on my lids, use a liner and walk out the door…Yes..I’m terribly lazy 😉
What I like about Mary Kay Fluid Eye Color in Sandstone:
- Nice, wearable neutral shade.
- Can be used as a shadow as well as a base
- Will not crease easily
- Not as pricey as MAC
- Handy packaging
- Good staying power
What I did not like about Mary Kay Fluid Eye Color in Sandstone:
- Price for the quantity given
- I think it’s an LE product
You may also like reading:
- Mary Kay Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover
- Mary Kay Lip Liner Dusty Pink ReviewÂ
- Mary Kay Botanical Customized Skin Care Formula 3 for Oily Skin Review
- Mary Kay cheek Glaze Pomegranate Review & Swatches
- Mary Kay Natural Cheek Tint in Pink Pearl Review & Swatches