April Vellvette box is super nice at first glance, and for me, this box is really useful. I found a lovely sample of a Max Factor Kohl Pencil in the box and as I have already reviewed another one for Wiseshe, I decided to review this one as well.
About Max Factor Kohl Pencil #20 Black:
Defines eye shape and adds colour. Can be used as a liner or eye shadow when smudged.
- Price: 220/- (for the full size)
My Take on Max Factor Kohl Pencil #20 Black:-
As you guys might know, I have a penchant for Max Factor products, and although in all honesty I must say that I have been disappointed by them at times, mostly they are super cool stuff. This kohl pencil is a basic one, and can be used both as an eye shadow as well as an eye liner. The color is not intense blue-black, but more of a brownish black, which really works for the eyes in the summer when you donâ€™t want harsh black to ruin the effect. The packaging is basic, and I donâ€™t like the fact that I have to sharpen it (Iâ€™m lazy and it is wasteful), but the kohl in itself is a good color against my skin. It is safe to be used on my waterline (something that few kohl pencils can claim).
The color does not last very long on my waterline, about 4 hours but stays for 6 hours on my upper eye lids easily. It does smudge if you rub it, but if you are careful, it will be fine. It goes away easily when I wash my face with face wash, so yes, if you are not into makeup removers and long stay eye pencils, this is for you. I am using it quite regularly, and have also used it as eye shadow base. It is excellent for blending, especially over a primer, and lasts for a good period of time if used over a base.
Max Factor Kohl Pencil #20 Black Swatches:-
It also works as a brow pencil for me on a snap, and that makes this quite a multitasking product for me.
What I like about Max Factor Kohl Pencil #20 Black:-
- Blends well
- Stays for a good period of time
- Good color for Indian skin
- Can be used as a brow pencil and eye shadow
What I don’t like about Max Factor Kohl Pencil #20 Black:-
- Does not last long on waterline
- Has to be sharpened
Verdict: I will buy the full-size when this one gets over. It is quite good for the times when I want fuss-free makeup.
Have you tried Max Factor Kohl Pencil #20 Black?
You might like reading these also:-
- Hollywood Sun Block SPF 60 Review
- Jordana Lipstick in Mauve Review & Swatches
- Lâ€™oreal Paris White Perfect Laser Day1 SPF 19 PA+++ Review
- Which Acne Products Works The Best
- Kangana Ranaut Plastic Surgery
- What Lush Products Should I Buy â€“ A Guide To Shopping At LUSH
- Himalaya Under Eye Cream Review
- Clarins White Plus HP Emulsion Review & Swatches
- Lakme Clean Up Nourishing Glow Face Mask India Review
- Lâ€™oreal One Sweep Eyeshadow Smoky For Blue Eyes Review & Swatches
- The Body Shop Born Lippy Pot Lip Balm Raspberry Review