Â Maybelline Cheeky Glow Blush in Creamy Cinnamon – A few months ago, Iâ€™d discovered the perfect peach blush at the Bourjois counter and asked the SA to bill it only to realize that the shade I wanted was not in stock :struggle: I added it to my wishlist and hunted online but to no avail since it was a new launch and no website seemed to have them in stock. Now, am considering that this was my good fortune since Bourjois pot blushes used to retail at Rs.575 and the new launch was for Rs.600. This was just about 5 months back and I was surprised at the price hike then. Now, I wanna faint since the same blush in the exact same shade retails at a whopping Rs.815!!! :pain: This is where Maybelline Cheeky Glow blushes step in with an unbeatable price tag and the shade of my dreams :yippee: But did they compromise on quality?? Weâ€™ll soon find outâ€¦
About Maybelline Cheeky Glow Blush:
- Ultra light weight, silky, blendable powders
- Silky and smooth, it blends flawlessly for the most natural finish.
- Soft texture for a natural hue.
- Easily blends with your skin color
- Quantity: 7gms
- Price: INR 225.You can buy online.
- Shelf life: 3 years from mfg date
Packaging: It comes in a white plastic case with a transparent flip-top lid that enables easy identification of shades. The blush itself has a raised dome shape that is characteristic of baked blushes. The packaging is compact and small enough to fit into the palm of a childâ€™s hand (not that I triedâ€¦just saying :-P). A peel-off sticker at the back of the case reveals the ingredients list. The packaging looks cute and trendy. Honestly, what I love most is the quirky font of the lettering on the case :cute: The only issue is that this is surely not the sturdiest of cases and may not survive a fall or rough handling.
Shade description: Creamy Cinnamon is a nude peach that is almost a dusty rose-coral without prominent pink undertones. At first glance, youâ€™d think this has no shimmer but if you look closely, youâ€™d be able to detect microscopic shimmer that does not translate to the skin. This shade is great for neutral, no-makeup looks and will easily flatter all skin tones.
Texture & Finish: Has a smooth texture that is easy to blend. Since the shimmer is not all chunky, it gives cheeks a mild flush with a subtle, satin-like sheen.
Pigmentation: The pigmentation is very sheer which makes it apt for beginners and for people like me who like the faintessst hint of color on cheeks :blush: Also, itâ€™s hard to go overboard or look OTT with this shade. The color, although light and muted, can be built up easily.
Staying power: This lasts for about 3 to 4 hours on my uber oily skin and the good news is that it fades evenly. If you have combination to dry skin, you may get more wear-time.
It was really very tricky to capture the blended swatch. Hope you can make out the color patch on my arm. :nerd: In reality, it is not all that invisible 😀
Maybelline Cheeky Glow Blush in Creamy Cinnamon Swatches:-
What I like about Maybelline Cheeky Glow Blush in Creamy Cinnamon:
- Cute, travel-friendly packaging
- See-through lid allows easy identification of shades
- Universally flattering shade that is apt for both day and night looks
- Soft, smooth texture
- Sheer pigmentation that can be built up easily
- Blends nicely without any patchiness
- Shimmer is finely milled, under-stated and lends a satin-y finish
- Lasts for 3 to 4 hours on very oily skin. May last longer on other skin types
- Fades evenly
- Does not stain and is easy to remove
- No discernible fragrance
- Non-comedogenic, Dermatologist tested.
- Easily available and very reasonable priced :yes:
What donâ€™t I like about Maybelline Cheeky Glow Blush in Creamy Cinnamon:
- Packaging is a tad flimsy
- Some may not like that the pigmentation is sheer. The more deeper the skin tone, the more swipes youâ€™ll need for the color to show.
- Does not come with a mirror or applicator (which I personally think is great since theyâ€™re generally useless and just make the packaging more bulky)
If youâ€™re a blush virgin, youâ€™d be elated to break it with this lovely shade. :yes: Creamy Cinnamon is a no-nonsense, pretty peach that is great for students, office-goers and even mommies who enjoy donning flushed cheeks in the comfort of their own homes :blush: (why are you looking at me like that?? Itâ€™s normal behavior okay :smug: ). For me, this is THE perfect blush! :heart: It has absolutely all the qualities I look for in a blush and makes it to the top of my list, overtaking a long-time favorite: NYX Mosaic Powder Blush in Dare (review here) :cute: . Have you tried Maybelline Cheeky Glow Blush in Creamy Cinnamon ?