Remember the Revlon Smokey Pencils which released last year in black and bronze? A reviewed them here and here and I was quite enamored with them. I bought them both and had a yen for some more colors too. While browsing ebay, I found this Maybelline Color definer pencil which titillated me and I finally gave in and I bought it in a light green shade called Soft Jungle. These are so awesome and once again it made me angry because these things are never released in India.
Maybelline has released lots of goodies here in the past couple of months but its a tiny fraction of what’s actually avaialable abroad. The bouncy blushes, the mousse foundation, the age rewind range…nothing has been released here! Not fair! I wish they would read this and take us seriously for once..
Ok, now that I’ve vented a li’l, let’s move on to the actual review..
About Maybelline Color Definer Eyeshadow:
Maybelline Color Definer Waterproof Eye Shadow is easy and quick to apply shadow stick defines the modern woman. Comes complete with its sharpener.Â This non-cakey, crease-resistant, non-flakey eye shadow lasts up to 12 hours. Quick and easily applied with no streaking or dragging.
Price: Â 2.69pounds
My take on Maybelline Color Definer in Soft Jungle:
- Packaging:Â This comes in a pen form like the NYX Jumbo Pencils. The only difference is that this doesn’t need the usual sharpener and instead has a sharpener at its base. This is similar to the Revlon Pencils as well.
- Color:Â As visible, this is a light pearlescent green color.Â It’s not really a lawn green color but even lighter with a silvery base. It has no shimmers at all.
- Pigmentation & Texture:Â This liner is soft and just like the Revlon ones, this also sets quickly. So one has to be quick in blending it out after drawing the lines on the lids. Although, I do find these to be a bit on the waxier side as compared to revlon. Pigmentation wise, it shows the exact color as visible when you see the actual crayon.
- Staying PowerÂ : It helps my eyeshadow last the entire day and even reduces fallout when layering shimmers shades over it.
I am relatively new to eyeshadows and this was a nice experimental buy. It’s a good foundation for eyeshadows and when I tried layering my Inglot eyeshadow in a shimmery green over it, there was hardly any fallout! Moreover, it did not crease on me. I have oly slightly oily lids though….not sure how it would fare on super oily lids.
I do find this to be a tad bit waxy though. It doesn’t stop it from going on smoothly but for those with sensi eyes, this may not be the ideal choice. I have also tried using this alone on my lids but for some reason green doesn’t seem to suit me as well as blues or browns. Below is an EOTD wherein I’ve used this Maybelline pencil as a base and then used a shimmery yellow from VOV in the inner 1/3rd, the outer half and the crease and then patted an Inglot eyeshadow in a shimmery green right in the middle. The base really accentuated the colors and I wore this for about 4hrs and there was nil fallout or fading.
Read -Â Best Maybelline Product 2011
Why I love Maybelline Color Definer in Soft Jungle:
- Comes with a sharpener
- Soft and glides on easily.
- Prolongs the wear of eyeshadows.
- Sets fast which is a boon when you’re short on time to get ready
- Good staying power
- Doesn’t crease
- Maybelline has a nice shade selection
Why I don’t like Maybelline Color Definer in Soft Jungle:
- Has a slightly waxy texture
- Not available in India yet.
- Pigmentation: 4/5
- Staying Power: 5/5
- Packaging: 5/5
- Availability: 3/5
- Price vs. Quality: 4/5
Have you tried the Maybelline Color Definer in Soft Jungle?
You may also enjoy reading:
- Maybelline New Watershine Pure Natural Water Lip Color MF21 Review & Swatches
- Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick On the Mauve, Glamorous Red and Pleasure Me Red Review
- Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick Choco Pop & Plaza Pink Review & Swatches
- Maybelline BB Cream In Shade Radiance Review
- Maybelline Watershine Pure Lipstick in C22 Review
- Maybelline Colorsensational lipstick Purple Diamond Review & Swatches
- Maybelline Colorama Silver Sand Nail Paint Review & Swatches
- Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick Pleasure me Red Review & Swatches
- Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick Summer Sunset Review & Swatches