I am sure most of you are aware that Maybelline have launched a new line of cream eye shadows which are nicely housed in a small jar. They were originally released a couple of months ago in the US and in the UK have been waiting patiently for them to be released in the UK, but the wait is now over as they have officially hit the shelves. A little confusing has arisen as there is only 7 shades in the line when there are 10 in the US and shade name are also different. To me the colours look pretty much the same but they have just changed the name.
So letâ€™s come to the topic. These are really pigmented gel/cream eye shadows and Â I am reviewing the product in shade 20- Turquoise Forever which is described as FrostyÂ aqua vibrant blue by Maybelline. Itâ€™s pretty good shade for our Indian outfits as well andÂ that’s why I opted for this colour.
Price and packaging:-
Â It costs 4.99 GBPÂ for 0.14 OZ (4 GRAMS) and Â the product is housed in a glass jar with a plastic screw top lid, so very similar to Mac Paint Pots.
- Availability: Â You can get in any drug store/ huge departmental store across US/UK.I am sorry girls!! As of now they are not available in INDIAâ€¦hope they will launch soon.Â You can order online or ask any of your friends to get for you.
My Experience with Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 hr Cream Gel Eyeshadow :-
The Colour Tattoo eye shadows claim to be smudge proof, crease proof and last for up to 24 hours!Now coming onto the important stuff. I always feel like when products claim to last 24 hours they very rarely get the opportunity to really be put to the test, as I imagine very few people keep their make-up on for a full day! I can vouch that this stuff does stay put for a decent amount of time though (a full working day at least)
The colour range I personally think is fab.I don’t normally wear bright coloured eye shadow but this is very different, stolen my heart. The pigmentation and formulation of the eye shadows is amazing. They are so creamy and don’t feel sticky and grainy on the skin at all .I read reviews about this product,all are comparing these with MAC paint pots,I canâ€™t do that because I never used any MAC paint pots before 🙁
What I liked about Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 hr Cream Gel Eyeshadow
- Â Long stay up to 12 hours for sure.
- Â Very creamy without primer also it will work.
- Â Affordable price.
- Â Good colour range to choose from.
- Â Nice and sturdy packaging.
- Â Travel friendly.
- Â Pigmentation is good.
What I do not like about Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr Cream Gel Eyeshadows:-
- Â My only criticism is the lack of a lighter shade in the range; I think a champagne colour that would just give the eyes a bit of ‘something’ on a day to day basis would be a welcome addition.
I got some pictures and swatches for you to decide so that when these are here in India you can order them online and availÂ discountsÂ 🙂
Â Eternal Gold
On And On Bronze
Swatches – Torquise, Eternal Gold, Permanent Taupe, Endless Purple, On and on bronze
Â Final note:
Â Overall I was pretty impressed by this product, given that it only cost me Â£4.99. It’s easily comparable to my favourite cream eye shadows and for a fraction of the price I don’t think you can go wrong with these.
Has anyone else tried Â Maybelline Color Tattoo?
You might like reading these also:-
- Biotique Bio Berberry Refreshing Cleansing Lotion Review
- Revlon Expressionist Colorstay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick 002 Buffest Beige Review & Swatches
- Lush Sea Vegetable Soap Review
- Lotus Herbals Orange Peel And Alpine Salt Whitening Skin Polisher Review
- Body Shop Dreams Unlimited Body Wash Review
- LUSH Snow Fairy Lip Tint Review, Photos & Swatches
- Coloressence Face & Body Illuminator Lotion Review
- Fab India Plum Passion Lip Butter Review
- Burt’s Bees Peppermint Foot Lotion Review
- Lotus Herbals Kera-Veda Shikakai-Amla Herbal Shampoo Review
- Vaadi Herbals Anti-Wrinkle Cream Review
- Oriflame Giordani Gold Lash Fascination Mascara Brown Review
- HipHop Instant Makeup Remover Pads Reviews