Recently I got three shades from Maybelline Color sensational high shine lip gloss from an online shopping site. So here I am with a review on one of my favorite shades from the range.
About Maybelline Colorsensational High Shine lip Gloss Captivating Coral:-
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT
Lavish lips with a molten hot glaze:
- More Vibrant Color from pure liquid pigments
- Cleaner Shine from our 100% wax-free gloss
- Creamier feel from nourishing honey nectar
- Now gloss goes gutsy in 12 arresting shades
FOR BEST RESULTS
Use the wand to apply lip gloss starting in the center of your upper lip. Work from the center to outer edges of your lips, following the contour of your mouth. Then glide across the entire bottom lip.
- Price: Rs 350 for 5 ml.
My take on Maybelline ColorSensational High Shine Lip gloss Captivating Coral:-
I was very excited when this range got launched in India recently. Some 8 shades have been launched in India. The shades are really pretty and versatile and available at affordable price. The regular Maybelline colorsensational lip gloss are however intensely pigmented with high staying power and available at 250 bucks unlike the high shine ones. But I am not complaining I like both range very much.
Packaging: Maybelline Colorsensational high shine lip gloss comes in transparent tube packaging with a silver cap. It has slanted doe foot applicator for applying gloss. I really loved the curvy lip gloss applicator due to ease of lip gloss application with it. The applicator picks right amount of lip gloss and does not lead to wastage. One can check the shade name mentioned beneath the lip gloss tube. Due to transparent packaging, one can check the shade of the lipÂ gloss.
Shade wise: This range of lip gloss comes in 12 shades with both creamy and shimmery finish. Some 8 shades have been launched in India. The shades are:
- -Captivating Coral
- -Gleaming Grenade
- -Mirrored Mauve
- -Electric Shock
- -Raspberry Reflections
- -One Shine Day
- -Plum Luster
- -Glisten up pink
â€˜Captivating Coralâ€™ looks like a hot orangey coral shade in tube but in real itâ€™s a pretty warm orange shade suitable for Indian skin tones. If you want to try orange shades but cannot muster the guts to wear one, then surely get this shade. Its a wearable orange shade which will brighten up your face in an instant.
Pigmentation & Coverage:
The pigmentation of the lip gloss is sheer to buildable. With one coat, it looks pretty sheer but with two coats it builds up to medium coverage. It does not impart opaque coverage but still looks good on pigmented lips. I prefer such lip gloss shades because you can wear such shades on a regular basis to your workplace.
Texture & Finish:
These shades are buttery in texture with cream finish. Some of the shades are shimmery while others are devoid of shimmer. I liked all the shades devoid of shimmer, shimmery ones did not suit my taste. I really loved the feeling of the gloss on my lips, its creamy, hydrating and keeps my lips chap free. It never accentuates my fine lines rather gives a plumy look. My lips remain baby soft with diminished appearance of fine lines. Its non sticky and has a very lightweight formula.
The only issue with these lip gloss shades is their low staying power. Its stays on my lips for maximum of 2 hours which is pretty disappointing. It leaves beautiful soft pink tint on my lips.
What I like about Maybelline ColorSensational High Shine Lip gloss Captivating Coral:
- Comes in 8 different shades.
- Sheer to buildable formula makes all shades pretty wearable.
- Â Feels lightweight and non sticky on lips.
- It contains honey which keeps my lips nourished and soft.
- It diminishes the appearance of fine lines on my lips.
- Imparts a plumpy effect.
- Available at affordable price.
- Its buttery in texture and feels creamy on lips.
- Keeps my lips hydrated.
- Imparts medium coverage.
- Comes with slanted doe foot applicator which makes the application quite easy.
What I did not like about Maybelline Color Sensational High Shine Lip Gloss Captivating Coral:
- All shades have not been launched in India.
- Â I did not like shimmery shades much. ( con for me)
- These are not intensely pigmented like the regular color sensational lip gloss.
- Staying power is 2 hours maximum.
- Pigmentation: 4 out of 5
- Texture and Finish: 5 out of 5
- Shade wise: 5 out of 5
- Longevity: 3.25 out of 5
- Price vs Quality: 4.5 out of 5
- Availability: 4.5 out of 5
- Overall Rating: 4.5 out of 5
Will I repurchase it? Yes of course I will repurchase it in several shades.
My Overall Recommendation: Maybelline Colorsensational high shine lip gloss comes in 8 beautiful wearable shades. Few of shades are shimmery while others are devoid of shimmer. These shades come in non sticky and lightweight formula which hydrates your lips. All the shades have sheer to buildable formula. It imparts medium coverage and makes it a good option for daily wear. Though its staying power is low, still I would highly recommend this range to everyone. Its an affordable drugstore brand lip gloss.
Have you tried Maybelline ColorSensational High Shine Lip gloss Captivating Coral?
You may also like reading:-
- Lakme Pop Tints Lip Tint in Pink Sorbet Review & Swatches
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 â€“ Series 1
- Inglot Freedom System AMC Eyeshadow 55 Review & Swatches
- My New Earring & Necklace Stand
- Must Have Illamasqua Products
- Elizabeth Arden Prevage Anti Aging Serum â€“ Eye Review
- MAC Lipstick in Costa Chic Review, Swatches & FOTD
- Pondâ€™s White Beauty Peel-Off Instant Brightening Mask Review