Maybelline Coorsensational lippies need no introduction at all. We have hoards of them reviewed here on WiseShe and I feel like every girl must be owning atleast one of them if not more. I bought this when I was looking for a Mauve lippy some time back. On hindsight I feel I should have stuck to what I know best…PINKS…but well, lust is lust and I ended up with this shade from Maybelline..
Check outÂ Maybelline summer sunset lipstick reviewÂ
About Maybelline Colorsensational lipstick in Mauve-ulous:
- Packaging: The lipstick comes in a rectangular tube with the lid in the same shade as the lipstick shade family…in this case Purple. The shade name as well as a color representation is there on the base of the tube.
- Size:Â 4.2ml
- Price:Â INR299
- Color: This shade is an all out Mauve…Not a mauvey-pink or a reddish-mauve…..just a basic outright Mauve. It has no shimmer at all.
- Coverage & Pigmentation: This is a full coverage lipstick and intensely pigmented. A single swatch is enough..
- Texture: As is the case with all Maybelline Colorsensational lippies, this lippy is also quite smooth and glides easily over my lips. But unfortunately it also does settle into my lip lines. I don’t know whether this is because of the dark nature of this shade (most dark shades accentuate my lip lines) but I don’t really like this.
Check out Maybelline Color sensationalÂ On The Mauve, Glamorous red and pleasure me red reviews tooÂ
- Staying Power: This is sooooo pigmented that it stays for about 4-5hrs easily on me. Infact I need a make up remover to wipe it off totally otherwise a mauve stain is quite visible the entire day.
This lipstick is what I refer to as my Goth-Look-Lippy. Its personally too dark a shade for me and I hardly ever use this..
Swatches of Maybelline Colorsensational lipstick in Mauve-ulous:
And here is how the lipstick looks on me…Sorry, the pics didn’t come out too well..I didn’t realize it till it was too late!
What I like about Maybelline Colorsensational lipstick in Mauve-ulous:
- A n intense Mauve shade
- No shimmers and can be worn to work
- Priced well
- Texture is amazingly smooth
- Easily available and so many shades too!
- Would suit darker skin tones and all those who love an original Mauve lippy 🙂
What I don’t like about Maybelline Colorsensational lipstick in Mauve-ulous:
- It settles into my lips
- Its too dark a shade for me 🙁
- Pigmentation: 5/5
- Packaging: 5/5
- Staying Power: 5/5
- Availability: 45/5
- Price vs. Value: 4/5
Have you tried Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick In Mauve-ulous?
You may also enjoy reading:
- Maybelline New Watershine Pure Natural Water Lip Color MF21 Review & Swatches
- Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick On the Mauve, Glamorous Red and Pleasure Me Red Review
- Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick Choco Pop & Plaza Pink Review & Swatches
- Maybelline BB Cream In Shade Radiance Review
- Maybelline Watershine Pure Lipstick in C22 Review
- Maybelline Colorsensational lipstick Purple Diamond Review & Swatches
- Maybelline Colorama Silver Sand Nail Paint Review & Swatches
- Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick Pleasure me Red Review & Swatches
- Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick Summer Sunset Review & Swatches