Maybelline launched Lip Polish last year in India and offered some 7 â€“ 8 shades however in USA they had some 20 shades and are addressed as Colour elixir. I managed to pick Signature Scarlet from ULTA online and it came sometime late last year. Iâ€™m so in love with the shade but formula is little tacky and hence I just settled for one.
Gorgeous Himani have already shared one more shade long back -Â BREATHTAKING APRICOTÂ from same range.
Size â€“ 5 ml or .17 oz , Price $ 9 plus Tax, Available at Ulta, Amazon and Drugstore.com
My experience with Maybelline Colour Elixir Signature Scarlet:
Shade â€“ Signature Scarlet is warm toned Orange Red shade with no shimmer or glitter but just a shiny sheen , I love the colour and the brightness it gives. The colour will work on all skin tones and is easy to wear without many efforts.
Texture and Saying power â€“ The texture is very comfortable at first and feels non sticky but then after a while it gets little tacky still not something which would irritate me. I like glosses so that is not a big con for me as am used to all the tackiness involved in glosses. I get some 4 hours of wear with this shade and then it leaves behind a slight tint on lips leaving my lips feel soft and moisturized.
Pigmentation â€“ It is absolutely opaque in one swipe and stays nicely without settling into fine lines but well exfoliated lips are must for all the glosses and it applies the same here.
Packaging â€“ The “MADE IN USA” gloss comes in long rectangular tube with slat tip applicator which gives easy and even application.
What I like about Maybelline Colour Elixir 020 Signature Scarlet:
- The shade is very flattering.
- The texture is almost non sticky.
- The faint fruity smell is refreshing.
- They donâ€™t settle in fine lines if lips are well exfoliated.
- The staying power for a gloss is good.
- The pigmentation is great.
What I donâ€™t like about Maybelline Colour Elixir 020 Signature Scarlet:
- They didnâ€™t launch the same product here in India.
- If your lips are not well exfoliated it may appear streaky.
Ratings â€“ 4/5
Recommendations â€“ If you can find this shade then do try it out, it is very flattering colour and the price tag is also good. I would have loved to pick more but the reviews are not consistent for all the shades hence skipped the idea.
Have you tried Maybelline Colour Elixir Signature Scarlet?
You might like to read:-
- Lakme 9To5 Crease-Less Lipstick Salmon State Review, Swatches & FOTD
- 8 Red Lip Colors By Lâ€™Oreal Paris
- Patanjali Moisturizer Cream with Shea Butter, Chamomile & Olive Oil Review
- 10 Lâ€™Oreal Products For Hair
- Sigma Gel Eye Liner in Standout Peacock Review & Swatches
- 10 Latest Lipsticks To Check Out
- Biore Warming Anti-Blackhead Cleanser Review
- 10 No Makeup Pictures Of Katrina Kaif