the first time I saw these blushes at the store, I thought they were the same matte mousse blushes in a new packaging. It was after coming home and checking out youtube that I realised that this is a new range and even has a new name! The shades in this range are numberes and the last number I saw was No.7…So I assume there are 7 in total. However, there were only 3 available at my store: No.4, 5 & 7. No.4 was too light on me and not quite visible so I left that and came away with No.5 & No.7…I got these 2 a fortnight earlier but Let’s check them out further.
About Maybelline Dream Mousse Touch Blush:-
- In Soft Plum. Air-Soft Formula. Luminous Color.
- Air-whipped mousse blush feels satin-soft on skin, glides on smoothly, and blends easily for seamless color and a natural finish.
- Long-wearing formula provides luminous, long-lasting color on cheeks without clogging pores.
- Ultra blendable.
- Soft to the touch.
- The cream-whipped formula is so light and smooth it melts onto your skin for a naturally flushed look.
For Best Results: With your fingertips, pat a small amount of blush onto the apples of your cheeks. Use feathery strokes to blend gently from your cheekbones to your temples. To build color intensity, apply more blush.
- Price: Â 375INR
- Quantity: Â ml
My take on the Maybelline Dream Mousse Touch Blush in No5 & No7:-
- Packaging: The blush comes in a round glass pot with a screw top lid, the color of the blush which makes it easily identifiable. The shade number is mentioned on the lid…I wish they had named them instead…Its irritating to have numbers..
- Color: No.5 is a rose pink shade whereas No.7 is a pink shade but with a hint of mauve. Both have a shiny, almost frosty finish but once set it doesn’t look so…So no worries of the blush looking greasy 🙂 The shimmer is also very minute and hardly even visible.
- Texture & Pigmentation: If you think this is exactly like the matte mousse blushes, then you’re mistaken. I was so surprised when I opened the lid and saw that it looked like a cream! Cool right? Its like a firm cream but not hard in anyway…Hence, the pigmentation is quite good. Both blushes can be built up easily. At first swatch it even looked a bit frosty to me but on application its more satin n shine…Love these!
- Staying Power: Of the two, Shade No.7 stays longer on me. Perhaps its because No.5 is lighter but its nothing too alarming. Shade 5 stays for max 4-5hrs and then starts fading and Shade 7 stays on for approx 6hrs. Both shades fade into a nice tint and thankfully as it fades the shimmers dont pop out like they do incase of a lot of blushes with some shimmer.
- Application: I use my fingers for this actually…It feels more comfortable this way.
Personally I like Shade No.7 of all 3 blushes…Its the most pigmented and the mauvish tint is what makes it stand out. Shade no.5 is certainly pretty but I do wish the color would have been a bit deeper since I like some more color in my cheeks. Shade 5 I feel would suit fair to medium skin tones and Shade 7 is a shade that would so with all skin tones 🙂
Pros of Maybelline Dream Mousse Touch Blush:Â –
- Texture is one of a kind and feels like satin on the skin
- Cute packaging and can be stored easily.
- Travel friendly packaging.
- The quantity is sooooo much that I wonder if it’ll ever get over!
- Both shades can be built up as we’d like.
- The shimmer content is not overwhelming at all..It’s visible for a few mins after application and then sets into a nice glow.
- The quantity and quality justifies the price.
- I like the light flushed look that Shade 5 gives me and adore the plummy tint Shade 7 gives off.
- Decent staying power
Cons of Maybelline Dream Mousse Touch Blush:-
- I’ve seen just 3 shades and hope the remaining are released in India too.
- The staying power for Shade 5 is a bit less. But then again maybe Ifeel this way because I’m comparing it to Shade 7.
Have you tried Maybelline Dream Mousse Touch Blush No. & No.7 ?
- Pigmentation: 4.5/5
- Texture: 5/5
- Packaging: 4.5/5
- Staying Power: 4/5
- Price vs. Quality: 4/5
You may also like to read:Â
- Maybelline New Watershine Pure Natural Water Lip Color MF21 Review & Swatches
- Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick On the Mauve, Glamorous Red and Pleasure Me Red Review
- Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick Choco Pop & Plaza Pink Review & Swatches
- Maybelline BB Cream In Shade Radiance Review
- Maybelline Watershine Pure Lipstick in C22 Review
- Maybelline Colorsensational lipstick Purple Diamond Review & Swatches
- Maybelline Colorama Silver Sand Nail Paint Review & Swatches
- Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick Pleasure me Red Review & Swatches
- Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick Summer Sunset Review & Swatches
- Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Foundation Review