Maybelline has been going from strength to strength in the past few months and have gained even a greater fan following thanks to their new Dream Liquid foundation, their blushes, swirl liners and the High shine lippies. When A swtched them here, I immediately made up my mind to buy Fruit Punch and Plum shine. They looked so irresistable and I know you’ll agree. Now all I need to cement my love for Maybelline is their colorburst lip balms and the BOUNCY BLUSHESS!!! We can only hope and pray that they think we’re worth it and get it to us atleast now after 1.5yrs of it being released abroad.
About Maybelline High Shine Colorsensational Lipstick in Plum Shine:-
- Color: This shade is a sparkly plum brown shade. creamy neutral brown. It has some golden and orange sparkles but these are not at all abrasive and visible only on close perusal. On less pigmented lips it would looks more plummy. Since my lips are more on the pigmented side, this shade leans toward brown on me.
- Price: INR399
- Coverage & Pigmentation: One swipe provides a sheer wash of color on the lips. But if layered, it can be built up for full coverage as well. It’s quite pigmented as are all the lippies from the Colorsensational range.
- Texture: I found these lippies to be a bit non-sticky, but streaky and uneven in application. If you see the lip swatches carefully, you may be able to notice this. I had to work hard to make the color look even.Â However, a huge plus point is that this lippy doesn’t settle into my lip lines 🙂 Woohoooo!!!
- Staying Power: This stays for about 2.5-3hrs on my lips. I personally don’t mind this since glossy lippies never usually stay more that this on my lips. 3Hrs in itself is a feat!
This is alovely shade to have since even though it looks brown on my lips, it doesn’t look muddy on me like alotta browns. The plum hints in this ensure that my lips looks nice and fresh. The shimmers don’t dry out my lips either which is another feature to love…
What I like about Maybelline High Shine Colorsensational Lipstick in Plum Shine:-
- A nice glossy shade which doesn’t look muddy on me
- The shimmers are minute and don’t dry out my lips.
- Decent staying power for a glossy lipstick
- Doesn’t settle into my lip lines.
- Easy on the pocket
- Easily available
- Can be built up from sheer to full coverage
- Keeps my lips quite moisturized.
What I don’t like about Maybelline High Shine Colorsensational Lipstick in Plum Shine :-
- This is not really a con…but this looks more brown on my pigmented lips….i wish the formula were such that it looked like a true plum on me.
- Pigmentation: 4.5/5
- Packaging: 5/5
- Staying Power: 4/5
- Availability: 5/5
- Price vs. Value: 5/5
Have you tried Maybelline High Shine Colorsensational Lipstick in Plum Shine?
You may also like reading:Â
- Maybelline New Watershine Pure Natural Water Lip Color MF21 Review & Swatches
- Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick On the Mauve, Glamorous Red and Pleasure Me Red Review
- Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick Choco Pop & Plaza Pink Review & Swatches
- Maybelline BB Cream In Shade Radiance Review
- Maybelline Watershine Pure Lipstick in C22 Review
- Maybelline Colorsensational lipstick Purple Diamond Review & Swatches
- Maybelline Colorama Silver Sand Nail Paint Review & Swatches
- Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick Pleasure me Red Review & Swatches
- Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick Summer Sunset Review & Swatches