Hi Everyone!!!Â I will be reviewing an eyeliner pencil by Maybelline today. This one is available in 4 shades Metallic Blue, Metallic Green, Brown Gleam, Glam Black in US/UK but we only get this Glam Black shade here.
Those who are in US or UK can buy from hereÂ
AboutÂ Maybelline Kohl Express Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil in Glam Black:-
Defines like a pencil and glides like liquid eyeliner Gives rich color in a single stroke Does not feather or bleed Blends in easily after application Is incredibly soft and smooth to apply.
- Price : Rs 299 .
- Packaging: Same colored as the kohl itself 😉 with silver words engrossed. Nothing fancy. The pencil claims to be 2.8 grams but it is shorter than Maybelline vivid and smooth liner which is 1.2 g!!! It needs to be sharpened often which leads to product wastage and the pencil itself is not very long, I prefer twist up retractableÂ types like Lakme eyeconic or Maybelline colossal.
My Experience with Maybelline Khol Express Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil in Glam Black:
I bought it as I thought it is waterproof and I have watery eyes so there are not many products I can use on my waterline without it getting smudged all over. As expected it is not, it gets a bit smudged when applying on my waterline and the slightly fat shape of the tip adds to the smudging and it stings on my sensitive eyes :-(Â Not very much though, it is bearable but I had expected it to be a lot better!!
For example Maybelline colossal kajal does not sting my waterline and since it has very thin retractable tip I am able to use it on my waterline without smudging at all. Colossal is definitely a better choice and priced less. However the stinging/uncomfortable feeling stops after 10 to 15 minutes.
One thing I would like to mention is the first time I used it 2 of my eyelashes fell out!! I do not know if they are related but just thought it is definitely worth mentioning.
Maybelline Khol Express Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil is definitely not for my sensitive waterline. But when I use this as an eyeliner, it is fine and does not transfer to the crease. So it is better used as eyeliner and not as kohl for me.
Shade: Glam black is a black shade but not jet black, or the darkest black.
Texture & Pigmentation: Texture is smooth but not buttery smooth nor does it glide extremely well, it is average, pigmentation is average as well, I need several swipes for it to be a dark black.
Maybelline Kohl Express Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil Swatches:-
Staying power: Again average. Because it gets smudged due to my watery eyes , it smudges some more and stays like that for 3 hours or so then it fades away. I would say 4 to 5 hours.
What I like about Maybelline Khol Express Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil in Glam Black :
- Hmm…Let me think. Good as eyeliner, stays long that way
What I did not like about Maybelline Kohl Express Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil in Glam Black :
- Small size ,but says it is 2.8 g (confused)
- Needs to be sharpened
- I bought it to be used on my waterline as a kohl and it does not really work that way
- Transfers to your fingers if you happen to touch your eyes
- Not waterproof, just no
- Colossal is better, cheaper
Will I recommend? Not if you have sensitive eyes
Also checkout the best eyeliners
Have you tried Maybelline Kohl Express Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil in Glam Black ?
You might also like reading these:-
- Deborah Glitter eye liner Black 01 Review
- Deep Oil Cleansing Method Experience & How To
- Wise She This Week Sale Alert â€“ (October Week 3)
- Body Shop Shea Shower Cream Review
- Liz Earle Sheer Skin Tint Tinted Moisturizer Review