I first saw this new range of Swirl gel linersÂ on a blog Â and I immediately wanted one…The following weekend, I checked out some nearby stores and most of the SAs were quite ignorant and had no idea that such a liner was being introduced! Imagine that!
Finally, the SA at the Maybelline counter at Westside was my saviour…She told me they were on their way and would be available at the store from Tuesday. Need I can anything else? Luckily (now I think I was quite lucky), I had to travel to a far off office for work the entire last week so on my return I did pass by the store again and decided to drop in and check. And praise the lord it was there!! And can you believe it, I was the first to even use the tester!!Yippiieee!!…Ok..now I shall stop before appearing weirder than usual and continue with the review…
About Maybelline Lasting Drama Swirl Gel Liner In Black And Silver :-
- Smudge-proof, creamy gel comes in two distinct shades of midnight black/ shimmery silver & bronze/ shimmery gold that can be used separately for either an intense line or dramatic shine.
- When mixed together, the two shades create a subtle shine that gives eyes a quiet elegance.
- Flat tipped eyeliner brush delivers precise and even strokes for flawless application.
- Price: Â 425 INR
- Quantity:Â 7.5 gms
My take on Maybelline Lasting Drama Swirl Gel Liner in Black/Silver:-
- Packaging: Â The packaging is exactly same as the normal Maybelline Gel liners…The frosted pot wit the aluminium metal lid. This also comes with a brush thankfully.
- Color:Â As visible, this is a pure black gel with silver swirls. As they mention, the black can be used alone or can be mixed with the shimmery silver. Or even if you’d like, the silver can be used alone…The silver also isnt blindingly shimmery so it can be worn casually as well.Â The silver swirl also goes all the way to the bottom of the jar 🙂 So no nasty surprises. Pls do note that in the swatches I have used the Silver heavily while mixing the 2 shades…It can be used lightly as well.
- Pigmentation & Texture:Â This liner is quite soft and pigmented but I personally felt the black wasn’t AS black as the normal black gel liner from Maybelline. I don’t mind this since I usually always swipe all gel liners twice by habit. The silver thankfully isn’t chunky and is quite smooth infact. But I haven’t used it on my waterline as yet so I’m not sure whether its waterline safe. The SA did tell me that it can be used on the waterline, but she also stressed that shimmer isn’t good for the waterline and if very intent, I could use it on my lower lashline instead for a close effect. Have any of you used this on your waterline?
- Staying Power:Â This liner doesn’t disappoint in this regard. Just like it plain sibling, it stays put the entire day without smudging or creasing. And pls do note that for me, entire day means 9-10hrs 🙂
Swatches of Maybelline Lasting Drama Swirl Gel Liner In Black & Silver:-
I discovered the Maybelline gel liner quite late…but ever since I have, I absolutely love it which is why I went hunting for these as soon as I come to know about them. It’s so convenient since it comes with a brush AND is so easy on the pocket when compared to other gel liners.
Â Another tip that the SA told me was that instead of swirling the brush in the entire pot, she said to just do that in half the pot. This is because a lot of us would like to use the black or silver alone…and once swirled fully, we wouldn’t have that option. This I feel is a gr8 trip for those who travel a lot…Instead of carrying multiple liners, only this single pot can be carried and Voila! We have 3 liners at our disposal!! Cool right?
Why I love Maybelline Lasting Drama Swirl Gel Liner in Black/Silver:-
- Very soft and glides easily on the lids.
- It even dries quickly..
- Stays for approx 9-10hrs on my lids.
- Easy on the pocket.
- Thanks to this, we get 3 liners in one!
- It comes with a brush which even has a lid.
- Gr8 to carry around while travelling.
- It says it’s waterproof. I haven’t tried it under extreme water exposure, but I held my hand with the swatches under the tap and it didn’t run.
- The brush is actually of good quality 🙂
- Doesn’t flake at all.
- Can be used during the day as well since the combined shade isn’t too shimmery and very versatile. For a deeper shimmery look, a second layer of just the silver can be applied.
Why I don’t like Maybelline Lasting Drama Swirl Gel Liner in Black/Silver:-
- Can’t think of a single con except that the black in this wasn’t AS black as the previous Â black gel liner in this range 🙂
- Pigmentation: 4.5/5
- Staying Power: 5/5
- Packaging: 5/5
- Availability: 5/5
- Price vs. Quality: 5/5
Have you tried Maybelline Lasting Drama Swirl Gel Liner In Black & Silver?
You can check out the review of Brown & Gold here
You may also like to read these:
- Maybelline New Watershine Pure Natural Water Lip Color MF21 Review & Swatches
- Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick On the Mauve, Glamorous Red and Pleasure Me Red Review
- Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick Choco Pop & Plaza Pink Review & Swatches
- Maybelline BB Cream In Shade Radiance Review
- Maybelline Watershine Pure Lipstick in C22 Review
- Maybelline Colorsensational lipstick Purple Diamond Review & Swatches
- Maybelline Colorama Silver Sand Nail Paint Review & Swatches
- Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick Pleasure me Red Review & Swatches
- Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick Summer Sunset Review & Swatches
- Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Foundation Review
- Maybelline Dream Matte Powder