What the company claims:
For glossy, plump lips, choose Maybellineâ€™s Lip Polish by Color Sensational. Featuring glossy, vivid colors that also have a moisturizing effect, this lip polish makes your lips look fuller and more luscious. Dress your lips in a shade you love and watch heads turn!
Hereâ€™s why youâ€™ll love it:
- Pure saturated color pigments that provide deep intense color like a lipstick
- Concentrated Liquid Balm: Moisturizing Liquid Conditioning Balm gets the lips ready for Intensely Rich color
- Gives a soft Cushiony feel & care to the lips
- Glossy Shine Serum: Built-in glossy top-coat, that makes lips look fuller & more luscious
- Specially designed Leaf-shaped applicator which makes application quick & precise
- Quantity: 5ml / 0.17 Fl.Oz
- Price: INR 450.Available on flipkart here
- Shelf life: 3 years from mfg date
My experience with Maybelline Lip Polish in Glam7 :
Packaging: If youâ€™ve never seen or heard about this product, youâ€™d assume this is a lipstick and would probably tug at the lid until youâ€™ve exhausted all your energy. :sweat: A beauty blog addict (or someone who reads instructions carefully :nerd:) would cleverly unscrew the cap to reveal the lip gloss inside.:beauty: It comes in a sturdy plastic case with the gloss cleverly packaged to resemble a lipstick bullet. The silver lid, which serves as the handle, is very short and bulky when compared to conventional lip glosses. Nevertheless, it is comfortable to hold and gives you more control and a firm grip. The tube is the exact same size, width and dimensions as the Maybelline Colorsensational Lipsticks. The shade name is printed at the bottom and the see-through tube making it easy to identify shades from a stash. The ingredients list, name of the product and other product details are all printed on the outer plastic seal, which when removed leaves you with a nearly naked tube (okay, that sounds like I just stripped this 😛 ) Errâ€¦I mean you will be left with a plain tube that appears classy yet trendy. Please forgive me for the lengthy detailsâ€¦I can never get enough of good packaging and can talk at great lengths about it 😀
Applicator: Another unique feature of this gloss is the leaf-shaped, sponge-tip applicator. The tapered end ensures that it follows the curve of the lips easily. It also picks up lot of product in just one go so you donâ€™t have keep dipping to reapply. The downside here is that if you want to pick up just a little bit of product, itâ€™s not really possible even if you wipe the wand repeatedly at the mouth of the tube.
Formula: This lip polish is NOT one of those lightweight glosses and the formula is very creamy and thick. You can really feel it sitting on your lips and it is mildly sticky. Thanks to this, it is supremely hydrating and my dry lips simply adore the moisture this renders. :heart: Buuuutâ€¦.this particular shade for some reason is awfully goopy and applies unevenly. :struggle: If I donâ€™t blend the product with my finger, it looks streaky and highlights fine lines by settling in them. Going back and forth with the applicator just makes it worse and it starts looking all clumpy and unsightly :confused: But once blended, it looks lovely and does not accentuate fine lines or dry patches. Another issue is that your finger will feel sticky after blending and youâ€™ll need to wipe well on a tissue to get it off. Washing with plain water will not do since it just worsens the stickiness and spreads it. Aaah too much work! :sweat:
Shade Description: Donâ€™t be fooled by the dull, lifeless dusty color you see when you look at the tube at first glance. Glam7 is a super-pretty peachy coral with hints of rosy pink. It is a very youthful shade and makes me look all glow-y and fresh. :beauty: It is no way OTT or bright and is appropriate for work/college. It has absolutely no shimmer and will easily suit light to medium skintones.
Pigmentation: This is quite pigmented when compared to most glosses and will easily cover mild lip discoloration. If you have very dark or prominent lip discoloration, you may want to pick a darker shade from this range since this is more of a nude gloss and will only camouflage slight unevenness.
Finish: This has a lovely glossy finish that makes lips look fuller and plumped-up.
Lasting power: This easily lasts for 5 hours if not more and thatâ€™s a lot! The formula really seems to adhere to lips well and it survives light meals and snacks. My dry lips usually drink up products and Iâ€™m usually left with a stretchy feeling after and hour or two. But not with this :yes: Even if I blot out the shine with a tissue, the color and hydration does linger on. When I attend events, whatever lip color i apply starts to feel drying after a while and I crave a lip balm. Plus, u end up having to apply and re-apply lip balm at regular intervals. With this, itâ€™s just one application and Iâ€™m good to go for at least half the day :yes:
Fragrance: I sniffed really hard and almost poked the applicator into my nose but couldnâ€™t catch any scent. 😛 So a big yaay :yippee: for those who love unscented products
What I like about Maybelline Lip Polish in Glam7:
- Unique, attractive, travel-friendly packaging
- Leaf-shaped applicator picks up a good amount of product and defines lip-curves well
- Super pretty peachy pink coral shade that makes one glow
- Office/college appropriate shade that is muted and devoid of shimmer
- Medium to buildable pigmentation that is quite impressive for a gloss
- Thick, creamy formula that feels comfortable on lips
- Mildly sticky and hence adheres to lips well making this last for 5 hours or more
- Survives light meals/snacks
- Incredibly moisturizing and those with dry lips will throw all their lip balms out the window after using this (OK not reallyâ€¦but just saying :-D)
- Makes lip appear full and plump
- No discernible fragrance
- Easily available and you get to choose from around 15 beautiful shades
What donâ€™t I like about Maybelline Lip Polish in Glam7:
- This particular shade is awfully goopy and applies unevenly unless blended with a finger
- Blending with a finger is messy coz it sticks like glue to skin and then u have to wipe it off and blah (Yeah I make it sound like a lot of work but it is a pain when youâ€™re in a hurry or donâ€™t have a mirror in hand)
- The applicator picks up way too much product and seems like a wrong choice for a gloss thatâ€™s so thick. Would have worked better for a sheerer formula. Those with very thin lips may not like it.
- Mouth of the tube gets really messy after a couple of uses and wiping it clean is not an easy task (hmmâ€¦too much wiping going on here. U must be beginning to think I have a serious case of OCD 😛 OK I do have a mild one but Sshhh :quiet: )
- The instruction on the cover says â€œMix formula before applyingâ€. How?? :confuse:
- A bit highly priced coming from Maybelline which has students as its target-market. Plus, the Lâ€™oreal Shine Caresse range cost just Rs.24 more
Glam7 is a lovely shade of coral that makes one look fresh and youthful. The formula in insanely hydrating and will be particularly adored by those with dry lips. The pigmentation and staying power is impressive for a gloss. The only major issue is that this particular shade looks unflattering when unblended. It applies in clumps and the finish is uneven and goopy. Hopefully, this con is only for this shade since otherwise, this range is surely worth a try even if you are not into lip glosses but love moisturizing, plumping, long-staying lip colors.
Have you tried Maybelline Lip Polish in Glam7?
You might also like reading these:-