Maybelline is one of my favorite drugstore brands for their quality vs price point.They hit the ball out of the park with color tattoos and hyperglossy eyeliner.So when I saw the ad for these 14 hour lipstick,needless to say I was quite excited.Last week when I went to the mall with my mom to buy some makeup for her,I too helped myself :-D. I got Eternal Rose which Ana has already reviewed,Infintely Fuschia and Stay with me Coral. Today,I will be reviewing Inifnitely Fuschia which is one of the hottest selling shade from this range.
Price : Rs.525.
The colour: True to its name Infintely Fuschia is a pure fuschia colour.To an extent,it reminds me of MAC’ s Girl ABout Town lipstick in terms of colour.The texture ,however is completely different so it cant be called an exact dupe.My heart was set on Infinitely Fuschia right from the time i saw the print ad.
The packaging: The packaging is a white cap and a transparent tube.The transparent tube helps in locating colours quickly but also looks a little flimsy.
The pigmentation: Pigmentation of this lipstickÂ and the other two that I have is just fab… one swipe gives opaque and even coverage.
Maybelline Superstay 14 hour Lipstick Infinitely Fuschia Swatches:-
- Texture: This is where the lipstick falls a little short of being perfect.Because its a long wearing lipstick,it feels somewhat sticky and then later tends to feel dry … but its nothing that cant be tackled with some lip balm.
- Staying power: The lipstick stays on easily for about 6 hrs..which is very good in my book as no lipstick lasts very long on me,The only downside is that when it starts to fade,it does so very unevenly and can look really bad. Because it is so pigmented,the lipstick needs to removed with a good makeup remover.
Maybelline Superstay 14hr Lipstick Infinitely Fuchsia Swatches:-
Â under natural light
Â under artificial light
My final thoughts:
Maybelline has come out with winners in the past year and has raised the benchmark for all drugstore brands.With this lipstick they have proved ,that you do notÂ Â need sky high price tags for a good quality product although at rs 525 a pop,they may have a fair share of competition in the drugstore lippie market.
What I like about Maybelline Superstay 14 Hour Lipstick Infinitely Fuchsia:-
- Amazing pigmentation
- Has a slight fruity fragrance which disappears soon
- Great staying power
What I don’t like about Maybelline Superstay 14 Hour Lipstick Infinitely Fuchsia :-
- Fades of unevenly
- Can settle into liplines so this is not for very dry or chapped lips
- Texture can be drying to some.
Have you tried Maybelline Superstay 14hr Lipstick Infinitely Fuchsia ?
Few more shade for your liking here