I recently got hold of Maybelline The Perfector Instant age rewind smoothing powder.Wow! this smoothing powder sounded like the best product to me …Imagine a compact powder which has anti aging ingredients , claims to smoothen skin and there are white swirls in the powder which I believe is the primer which comes with the Maybelline smoothing powder. But why do I need a primer in my compact when I have already used it before my foundation ? 😛 .Maybelline what were you thinking 😀
Anyway! whatever their claims are, if the compact works for me, I don’t mind 😉 I was just trying to explain you the claims which have no sense .
- Price – I got it of around $8. It has not yet launched in India so you can order from eBay. Or if Amazon delivers at your place then you can checkÂ here
- Packaging -Â Â Packaging is not bad with flip top lid of the compact. There is flip open bottom as well with a mirror and a sponge Â inside it.It is travel friendly.Sponge is kind of ok as I always prefer a puff applicator in my compacts.
Â Maybelline The Perfector Instant Age Rewind Skin Smoothing Powder:-
This powder will be loved and hated by many and let me tell you the reasons why -`
1) I love applying it on my face as it gives that soft and silky feeling. It has a semi matte finish which is not powdery. Also, the white swirls won’t give the patches and will blend out into skin nicely. Texture is extremely light weight and nice.
2) It’s not one of those compacts which have enough coverage that you apply it in the morning (before leaving for college or office) and it will last for a long time. Coverage of the compact is sheer therefore it can be best used for setting up foundation. I tried building it up that too didn’t help.
3) People with oily skin will face problems when using this compact as it’s not oil absorbing at all. So girl with dry skin are going to enjoy this compact more than those with oily one .
4) Primer thing is just a gimmick and it would have been nice from Maybelline if they would have given me more compact of similar shade only.
Maybelline The Perfector Instant Age Rewind Skin Smoothing Powder Swatch:-
I got the shade Medium moyen and it completely matches my NC42 skin tone .
Summing it up :-
What I like about Maybelline The Perfector Instant Age Rewind Skin Smoothing Powder:-
- Lightweight and gives smooth finish
- Doesn’t give white caste
- Decently priced
- Sturdy packaging with mirror and sponge
What I do not like aboutÂ Maybelline The Perfector Instant Age Rewind Skin Smoothing Powder:-
- I prefer my compacts to give coverage which sadly this one doesn’t give
- If I got out with the compact on, I end up re touching with it many times as it doesn’t absorb oil
- Primer thing is nothing but a gimmick .
Will I recommend it to others? – Only to dry or combination dry skin girls who are looking for a sheer compact to set up their foundation.
Have you triedÂ Maybelline The Perfector Instant Age Rewind Skin Smoothing Powder?
Wise She Rating – 3/5
You might like reading these also:-
- MUA Professional Primer Review
- Blogger Contest â€“ Mia by Tanishq Entry
- DIY â€“ Facial Mist Spray With Coconut water, Tamarind And Fenugreek
- Glam Up Your Eyes For Every Occasion With FACES Cosmetics
- Konad Niju Girl Teens BB Cream Review
- Oriflame Tender Care Cherry Protecting Balm Review
- MUA Lipstick in Bare Review
- DIY â€“ Besan (Gramflour) And Curd Paste For Dandruff Treatment
- Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter Wild Watermelon Review & Swatches
- Cheapest Best Mascara â€“ CoverGirl LashBlast Volume Blasting Mascara
- Khadi Gold Thermo Herb Face Pack Review
- Lotus Herbals Purestay Longlasting Lip Color 425 Apricot Bliss Review & Swatches
- Fruttini Independence Day Giveaway Winner
- Lets Dupe It!!: Dupe for MAC Ravishing
- VLCC Insta Glow Oxygen Bleach Review
- OOTD â€“ THERAPY DAY! SHOPPING AND DINNER WITH THE GIRLS!
- Smokey Gold Eye Makeup With Urban Decay Palette 1
- SESA Hair Oil Review