Post by Swati,
WiseShe Mega Nyx Giveaway, entry #8.
I love eye pencils. Being a college student, I do not get much opportunity to apply heavy makeup on my face. Hence, most of the days the only eye makeup I do is applying eye pencils. I am also a hoarder, so this means I have a huge collection of eye pencils in my vanity case. Today I am going to review Maybelline Vivid and Smooth eye liner in Metallic Silver.
What the Company claims:
- Vivid color and Smooth Application ensure that eyes will never be dull again.
- Available in 12 stunning shades to match your every mood
- So easy to apply, you can now be your own make up artist!
Price: INR 200.
I got it for INR 165 because the SA and I have become such buddies! We share a lot of Makeup-prem you see!
The only reason I picked it up was the price tag. The SA swatched a couple of these on my hand and then told me that they cost only 200/-. I figured at such a price, how bad could they be! I tried it on the first day without any expectations and boy, was I surprised and how! I am in love with these and I cannot rave enough. Metallic silver is a dark grayish silver shade with strong blue undertones. Even though its named â€˜silverâ€™, it is way darker and sexier than normal silver. It has no gritty shimmers and its only the metallic sheen that gives it such depth. Try it for a smokey eye look and you will not be disappointed.
Letâ€™s just get on to the pros and cons, shall we?
- The pigmentation is awesome and just 1-2 swipes are enough to give the desired metallic color.
- The texture is very smooth and does not tug at my eye lids at all.
- The biggest con is its staying power. It gives my oily lids around 7-8 hours of wear without a primer. I need not do any touch-ups throughout the day.
- It is waterproof. Does not fade away even after washing face with water.
- The price is significantly lower than any similarÂ product in the market.
- The packaging is note-worthy. The transparent cap makes it very easy to see the color of the pencil.
- Does not stay on my waterline for long. But, then since I mostly use kajal for my waterline, I do not mind this.
- Shade name is not given on the pencil. I had to look it up on their website.
- Weight is not mentioned either on the pencil or the website. I was startled when I saw this. Highly unethical, IMHO!
- You need to use a proper makeup remover to get it off. Just any face wash will not do the job. This is a con for me because I am really lazy, but I am guessing it might be a pro for some!
- Some say that it stings when used on the waterline. It absolutely does not on me, so I wouldnâ€™t exactly call this a con.
Would I recommend this: Absolutely! If you are an eye-pencil lover like me and love hoarding colored eye pencils, then these are a fun and affordable option. It wonâ€™t let you down!
Would I purchase it again: No doubt! First Colossal Kajal and now theseâ€¦I think Maybelline will soon become my go to brand for all cosmetics!