Hello ladies, today I shall review an eye liner that is in GOLD shade.
I do not like gold jewellery but Gold in makeup has always kept me attracted. Gold eye liners, gold eye shadows, golden highlighters, they actually look so good in makeup, so royal for any festival or wedding or alike occasions.
I got this Gold eye liner by Maybelline Vivid & Smooth Liner range this October and was longing to review this since then. So today is the day for this liner.
I am happy with this eyeliner, dig in to know how:
About Maybelline Vivid & Smooth Liner:
Draw attention to your eyes by highlighting them with a hint of color.
Choose Maybellineâ€™s Vivid And Smooth Eye Color Pencil to add color and brighten up your eyes. Featuring vivid, eye-catching colors, these colored eyed pencils instantly up the style quotient of your look.
Hereâ€™s why youâ€™ll love it:
- Comes in vibrant shades that highlight and brighten up your eyes
- Is easy to apply and spreads smoothly along your lash line
- Available in 12 stunning shades
Expert Tip: Apply along your lash line from the inner to the outer corners.
Price: Rs. 275
You can buy Maybelline Vivid & Smooth Liner from Flipkart.com here
Net Wt: 1.2 gm
Shelf Life: 2 years
My experience with Maybelline Vivid & Smooth Liner in Gold :
Packaging: The liner comes in a regular pencil form that has a transparent cap which shuts firmly. It has an outer cellophane film packaging. The pencilâ€™s bottom is color coded which is the best thing about its packaging, since it gets very easy to trace it among other liners. The eye pencil needs to be sharpened and this really saddens me since it then has a lot of product wastage.
Texture: It has a very creamy and soft texture. A little heavy handed application may break the tip.
Shade: Just as its name, it is a true Gold shade. It is neither too bright and glitzy nor too dull, it is just the right gold shade.
Pigmentation: I am very much satisfied with its color pay off. Unlike other gold eye liners that just do not show up on lids, this liner shows up in a single swipe and two swipes get you the perfect color. It is not insanely pigmented but yet it is decent enough.
My Take: I am very much liking this Gold eye liner. The color pay off is decent of this Gold eye liner and the texture too is good.
But it is only its creamy texture that prevents me to draw a thin line with this eye liner. The tip gets blunt easily and only a thick line can be drawn.
I tried this liner both on my lids and water line. The color does not stay for long on water line and within one hour it gets uneven. But on my lids with a proper base, the liner stays for above 6 hours. The color can be smudged only till the time it is not set to a smudge proof finish.
What I like About Maybelline Vivid & Smooth Liner in Gold :
- Color Coded pencil bottoms.
- Ideal Gold shade, neither bright nor dull.
- Stays for long once it is set.
- Smudge proof.
- Decent color pay off.
- Stays for long on lids.
- Soft, creamy texture.
What I Donâ€™t like About Maybelline Vivid & Smooth Liner in Gold :
- Does not stay on waterline for long.
- Needs to be sharpened post every usage.
- Not thin line can be drawn with this liner.
Will I recommend: Of course Yes, for such a price it is a quite a decent purchase.
Have you tried Maybelline Vivid & Smooth Liner in Gold ?
You might like to read:-
- 10 Stunning Lipstick Shades Of Alia Bhatt
- New Sleek Highlighting Palette Shades & Swatches
- 6 Easy Body Polishing Scrubs Made At Home
- Forest Essential Bitter Orange & Cinnamon Range (First Impressions)
- Haul â€“ 5 Tempting Loreal Infallible Lipstick Shades & Swatches
- 10 Beautiful Brown Lipstick Shades For Brown Lovers
- Colorbar Matte Touch Lipstick Pink Hunt 34 Review & Swatches
- 11 Must Have Nude Lipstick Shades For Indian Skin Tones