When a reputed brand like Maybelline comes with a lippie for just 230 bucks, anyone would be tempted to try it. Thatâ€™s what happened with me and this lipstick. I do not wear lipsticks generally, but for 230 bucks I was willing to take the plunge. I am really happy with this lipstick.
What the Company claims:
- Wet Shine in a classic lipstick.
- New Formula with spring water for the freshest wet shine and sheer color.
- Fresh Moisture for thirsty lips!
- 10 deliciously fresh shades.
Price: INR 230 for 3.9 gms
Packaging: It comes in a silver packaging which is almost mirror-like and is prone to fingermarks. That being said, I do find the packaging really classy, especially for something that cost a coupla hundred bucks.
Color and pigmentation: I wanted a nice light coral to use for everday, so I got this. Itâ€™s a warm coral that goes on very sheer, but really brightens up my face. Due to this sheerness, it would nicely suit all complexions. It looks super-duper glossy once applied, so Iâ€™d say itâ€™s like a lipgloss in lipstick form. Since thereâ€™s no glitter or shimmer, it can easily be used every day even by those just starting with makeup. Now I know why they decided to call these – watershine
Texture: The texture is so smooth, it glides like a dream. There is no grittiness and itâ€™s a dream to apply! I wouldnâ€™t call this moisturizing, but itâ€™s not drying either. The staying power is really low, not more than 2 hours.
Taste and Smell: I hate lipsticks with strong smell and taste (looking at you Nyx!) so it was a relief to find that this has no discernible smell and taste.
What I like about Maybelline Watershine Pure lipstick in C22:
- The shade is a warm coral with just a hint of pink. It will brighten up the face.
- Packaging is really good for the price you pay.
- Glides smoothly and feels lightweight when applied.
- Price is sooo tempting.
- 10 shades available in this range.
- No smell or taste.
- Glossy finish.
What I don’t like about Maybelline Watershine Pure lipstick in C22:
- For me the only con is that it settles in the fine lines and starts looking really bad after a while. I need to use a lipbalm underneath to prevent that.
- Might be too sheer for those looking to cover pigmentation.
- Staying power is disappointing. Would not even last a single meal.