Mocha fudge cookies – a recipe
I love soft chewy cookies and the moment I foundÂ this recipe, I knew I had to try it. I did make several changes, but the cookies came out beautifully – fudgy and rich and completely irresistible!
- Â Butter – 1 cup
- Â Sugar – 1.5 cups
- Â Eggs – 2
- Â Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Â All purpose flour (maida) – 2 cups
- Â Cocoa powder – 1/2 cup
- Instant coffee powder – 1.5 tbsp
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Chopped almonds and hazelnuts, mixed – 1/2 cup
- Milk chocolate chips – 3/4 cup
How To MakeÂ Mocha Fudge Cookies:-
- In a saucepan, toast the nuts over low heat for 10 min.
- Melt the butter using a double boiler method – heat water in a big pan and put a small bowl with the butter in it within that big pan, so that the butter melts while being away from direct heat.
- Keep the melted butter aside till it reaches room temperature.
- Â Pour it into a mixing bowl and add the sugar little by little, mixing well. Then add the eggs, one by one, and the vanilla essence. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, coffee powder, baking soda and salt, one by one, and mix till the dough forms.
- Add the toasted nuts and chocolate chips.
- Â Refrigerate the dough for about 2 hours to eliminate any stickiness.
- Preheat the oven to 175Â°C.
- Roll the dough into small balls and space them out evenly on a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Bake for 9-10 mins and then set the cookies aside to cool.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container, to maintain their soft and chewy texture and to avoid sogginess.
Let me know if you try baking these cookies. Bon appÃ©tit!
(adapted fromÂ How Sweet it is)
We have our weekend treats again now and you can check out our recipe section hereÂ 🙂
You may also like readingÂ :
- Mathri Recipe â€“ Wise She Weekend Treat
- Easy Breakfast Recipe â€“ Spicy Potato Frankie
- Â Five Minute Simple Cake Recipe
- Spicy Chilli Paneer Sandwich Recipe â€“ Wise She Weekend Treat