I came across cream blushes sometime last year and realised they were perfect for my skin. Although it did take a while to understand how to use it, I went all bonkers about it and tried to find them. But alas I couldn’t find many and decided to run to Ebay as usual.
While on my hunt I cam across a couple of Nars cream blushes for good deal and picked up 2 of them; one being NARS Lokoum. I still remember when I first got it in the mail, I was so excited. I kept opening it up and using my finger to just dot over it to check the color. I didn’t even want to smudge the top layer for fear it would get dirty and messy..hehe..
NARS cream-to-powder cheek color glazes cheeks with a sheer, glowing finish that’s never greasy. Apply over freshly moisturized skin or over foundation for gorgeous color that lasts all day – and is nearly impossible to overdo.
- Provides a sheer, natural hint of color
- Made with transparent pigments to avoid heaviness
- Broad selection of shades
- Price: $27 approx.
- Quantity: 5.5g
My take on the product:
- Packaging: This blush comes in the traditional NARS pan packaging in a very sturdy rectangular pan. Its has a flip top lid and has the brand mentioned on the front and the shade name and quantity details on the back. It also comes with a mirror on the lid which is very useful for touchups. I can’t stress on how much I love this packaging. Its elegant, classy and totally sturdy which makes it easy to carry during travel.
- Color: This shade is a very pinky peach shade with red undertones and has a golden sheen to it which adds a oomph factor.
- Pigmentation & Texture: This is super pigmented as expected from most NARS blushes. On the first swatch it does seem a bit over whelming but once you start blending, you realize that its so easy to play with this color. Its uber creamy and easy to spread as well. You can choose the intensity you want and can build it up as required.The blush is also very light to the touch and feel very silky. The first couple of times I used it, I kept feeling like I’m not putting on enough since I can’t feel a thing! 🙂 Suffice to say, I did end up with clowny cheeks out of this sheer dumbness 🙂 🙂
- Staying Power: The blush stay on for a long time; about 6-7hrs and fades pretty evenly and at no point looks patchy. Huge plus point if you ask me! :).
- Application: I initially used to use a my fingers or a Q-tip to apply this. But I don’t feel very comfy using the q-tip for some odd reason. I now either use my fingers or a stippling brush which makes it easy to control the amount. More often than not, I use my fingers (sanitized of course) to spread it out easily.
Very honestly, I do this because I love the texture and feel of this blush and love dipping in and applying 🙂 🙂
Another piece of advice is not to rub it in the process of blending. Its very easy to rub off the color and this causes total wastage of the product. So just pat and blend or use the stippling brush for a nice blending finish.
- Cost & Availability: These blushes are definitely priced sky high, but totally justified for blush lovers. The texture and luxury attached to using this product makes it all worthwhile.
NARS is not available in India yet and I got this from the Ebay for about INR 1120 including shipping.
Swatches of Â NARS Cream Blush in Lokoum
You might like reading these also:-