I’d like to think that each of my blushes have a story to it…other than my insatiable thirst for more blushes that is.. 😉 I usually try to jump right in and not bore anyone with the details but then there are some blushes which deserve their story to be told…Sorry, I’m getting too senti over blush aren’t I?
Well, have you heard of Bon Jovi’s song, ‘It’s my life’? It has a phrase, “For Tommy and Gina, who never backed down” ..Well, I was a die-hard fan of his and this song was one of my favs. And it was also the same song that started yammering at my head when I saw this gorgeous Orange beauty on strawberrynet. Well, I do believe this could have been a sign from god….or my own greed ;)..and that was that and this blush made it to my list of NARS must have blushes 🙂
About NARS blush in Gina
NARS Blush offers a range of translucent, natural shades, each with a subtle pink for natural blush undertone, created to highlight the complexion. Designed to be worn alone or layered together for more depth, NARS Blush provides a healthy glow to flatter any skintone.
- Price: Â $28 (available on Strawberrynet as well)
- Quantity: 4.8gms
My take on NARS blush in Gina:
- Â Color: Nars Gina can be described as a matte orangey-tangerine blush. Infact, it’s a bit similar to MAC Peaches blush with the only variation being that Gina is a warmer shade than Peaches. Where MAC Peaches can make some skin tones look a bit pale, Nars Gina is the total opposite. It would make any skin tone look warmer and suffused with the right bit of color.
- Â Pigmentation & Texture: The blush is quite pigmented and shows up easily on my cheeks. As with most Nars blushes, this is also really smooth and easy to easy to work with. I did notice some fallout and felt like it was marginally more than that of other blushes but I don’t mind. It just makes me a lot more cautious while applying 🙂
- Â Staying Power: This lasts about 5hrs and then starts to fade slowly. But the tangerine-y touch of color still remains through the day.
- Â Application: I use a rounded blush brush to apply a very tiny bit so that I don’t end up with Orange cheeks 🙂
Pros of NARS blush in Gina:
- Brightens up my face
- No shimmer and hence, perfect to wear to work
- Will suit every skin tone
- Well pigmented
- Buttery to the touch
- Easy to blend
Cons of NARS blush in Gina:
- The packaging is rubbery and collects a lot of dust easily.
- Has more fallout than usual
- Pigmentation: 5/5
- Texture: 5/5
- Staying Power: 5/5
- Price vs. Quality: 4.5/5
You may also like reading:
- NARS Matahari Blush Review,Swatches & FOTD
- Best Nars Blushes For Olive Skin -Suggestions
- Wise She Nars & Illamasqua Blush Marathon
- NARS Gilda Blush Review, Swatches
- NARS Dolce Vita Blush
- NARS Cream Blush Montenegro :Review and Swatches