Itâ€™s my first NARS review here and the product I am sharing today is their VELVET MATTE LIP Pencil which I adore and highly recommend to any matte lip lover. They are not newly launched by brand and are around for quite a long time, just that I discovered them last year and already planning to collect every possible colour which would suit me. The shade I am sharing today is a neutral shade and is easy to wear kinds.
Size â€“ 2.4 gm,
Price â€“ $ 25 plus Tax
You can buy it from here:
About NARS Lip Pencil:
The application of a lipstick combined with the convenience of a pencil in a jumbo crayon design. Lips are instantly saturated with rich pigments and a velvety matte finish. The long lasting, non-drying formula is enriched with emollients for a creamy texture, while a combination of unique silicones ensures long-lasting, seamless colour for hours. Use for lining, all-over lip colour, or pairing with another lip product.
Rich, vivid shades
Enriched with Vitamin E
Convenient, easy application
Me experience with NARS Lip Pencil Walkyrie:
Shade â€“ WALKYRIE is described as Burnt Coral Red , on me it is warm toned brownish coral shade and I donâ€™t find any red in it surprisingly but if you are little lighter then it may turn little red or better say BRICK RED . I find this shade will work across skin tones however depending on their undertones it may vary but still very easy to carry off and suitable for everyday easy neutral lips .
Texture â€“ It is velvet matte and as the description says it is matte but feels very velvety and not at all drying like classic matte lipsticks. NARS VELVET MATTE Lip pencils are light weight and creamy enough to glide on lips without tugging. I always prep my lips one day advance so that it doesnâ€™t emphasis any flakiness on my lips. They are not hydrating but at the same donâ€™t leave my lips dry once they wear off.
Pigmentation â€“ They are opaque in single pass and cover every bit of pigmentation, this is lighter shade but still packs a good amount of colour in one swipe.
Staying power â€“ I get good 5 â€“ 6 hrs of wear with this and then there is very slight tint, my lips like I mentioned above are not dry once it wears off but I find that a good dose of balm prepares them to wear next day as well. I am really addicted to these and love to wear them every single day â€“ on their own or under a gloss for long staying lips.
What I like about NARS Lip Pencil Walkyrie:
- The shade is easy to carry without making my NC 40 skin tone washed out.
- The texture is awesome, creamy yet gives that perfect matte look plus feels very light weight on my lips â€“ like second skin you can say.
- I love the way it stays on lips without settling in fine lines or bleeding.
- I love the jumbo crayon which is breeze to carry around and comes very handy for touch ups.
What I donâ€™t like about NARS Lip Pencil Walkyrie:
- The only downside is that itâ€™s not twist up like CLINIQUE or REVLON ones. There is a lot of product wastage when you sharpen and this made me deduct some points, else itâ€™s just perfect.
Ratings â€“ 4.8/5
Like I mentioned above, I feel the packaging should be changed. The colour selection is limited to neutral, red orange, berry and brown but still there is something for everyone.
Have you tried NARS Lip Pencil Walkyrie ?
You might also like reading these:-
- ELF DUO Blusher and Bronzer St. Lucia Review, Swatches & FOTD
- 5 Face Packs for Super Dry Skin
- Lakme Absolute Gloss Stylist Pink Pout Review & Swatches
- 15 Uses and Benefits of Lacto Calamine
- Smokey Winged Eye & Sephora Mega Shine Lipstick Forever Yours
- Vedic Line Neem & Brahmi Astringent/ Toner Review
- MAC Pro Blush in Rhubarb Review, Swatches & FOTD
- 5 Must Try Benefit Products